Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Remembering "Too busy thinking about my baby" by Marvin Gaye!



Marvin Gaye recorded so many great songs!

A few days ago, I was driving around and heard "Too busy thinking about my baby".

It reminded me of high school days!

He recorded some great songs with Tammi Terrell, such as "Ain't No Mountain High Enough", "Your Precious Love", "Ain't Nothing Like the Real Thing" and "You're All I Need to Get By."

In the 1970's, Gaye recorded one of the decade's best albums: What's Going! ("In 2003, the album was ranked number 6 on Rolling Stone magazine's list of the 500 greatest albums of all time.")

Marvin Gaye was great and still sounds great so many years later:


"Ah-ah-aaah, oh yeah... Oh listen to me people

I ain't got time to think about money

Or what it can buy
And I ain't got time to sit down and wonder
What makes a birdie fly
And I don't have the time to think about
What makes a flower grow
And I've never given a second thought
To where the rivers flow

Too busy thinking about my baby
And I ain't got time for nothing else


Said, I ain't got time to discuss the weather

How long it's gonna last

And I ain't got time to do no studies
Once I get out of class
Tellin ya I'm just a fellow
Said I got a one track mind
And when it comes to thinking about anything but my baby
I just don't have any time


The diamonds and pearls in the world

Could never match her worth, no no

She's some kind of wonderful, people tell ya
I got heaven right here on earth
I'm just a fellow
With a one, one track mind
And when it comes to thinkin' about anything but my baby
I just don't have any time


(yeah, she's never hard to find

'cause she's always on my mind)"


PLEASE SUPPORT OUR BLOG AND RADIO SHOW

FOLLOW MY BLOG

LISTEN TO OUR RECENT SHOWS

Check Out Politics Podcasts at Blog Talk Radio with Silvio Canto Jr on BlogTalkRadio

Follow by Email

MY TWITTER

FACEBOOK

Search This Blog