Sunday, December 06, 1970

1965: "Rubber Soul" gets better with age!



“Rubber Soul" was released on this day in 1965. 


I've owned the vinyl stereo, 8-track cartridge, audio cassette and now the CD.   It is one of my all time favorite!   I can still listen to it and enjoy each and everyone of the songs.


The US version is different than the one released in the UK.   I learned this when I purchased the CD a few years ago.  Most of the tracks are in both versions with a few exceptions like “Nowhere Man” in the UK album and “I’ve just seen a face” on the US release.

It is one of the best pop LP's ever, as Rolling Stone reminded us:
Happy 50th birthday to Rubber Soul, the album where the Beatles became the Beatles. It was the most out-there music they'd ever made, but also their warmest, friendliest and most emotionally direct. As soon as it dropped in December 1965, Rubber Soul cut the story of pop music in half — we're all living in the future this album invented.
Great LP and cover photo.  An amazing collection of songs!

Search This Blog