Saturday, May 02, 1970

October 1992: "A River runs through it" is a great film


------
How many times have I seen "A river runs through it" since it was released in 1992?

I don't know for sure.  Sometimes I catch just a few scenes.     Once or twice a year, I watch all of it.

And I've got the VHS or DVD somewhere in my small movie collection.


Recently, I read a NY Times review and it spoke for me:

"By the time the film arrives at its lyrical, elegiac end, it has earned all the feeling that comes pouring out. Mr. Redford's narration is straight forward and calm, allowing the poetry of Norman Maclean's written words to carry the emotion: "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it." 
Yes, there is something very touching about a movie around fly fishing.   I love this movie! 

P.S.  You can listen to my show.  If you like our posts, please look for ”Donate” on the right column of the blog page.



Search This Blog