Thursday, September 14, 2017

1973: "American Graffiti" at the movies




Once in a while, you can catch "American Graffiti" on TV.  

In fact, I saw it a few months ago.  Frankly, I enjoyed it a bit the more "the 10th" time around.

Back in '73, I did not get into "American Graffiti" at all.  

It "didn't have much a plot" as they sang in "Wake up Little Susie"! 

It just seemed like different stories going on at the same time and hard to follow.  

Also, I guess that I did not relate to a bunch of teens and the summer of '62!  

I was a kid riding my bicycle and playing baseball that summer.  I was too young for girls and cars!

Happy anniversary to a very popular movie.  The music was great but the story is still a bit confusing so many years later.    Like "Saturday Night Fever", the songs were better than the story!

Nevertheless, the movie had an impact and introduced a lot of people to Wolfman Jack, the legendary DJ who was very popular in the West coast.

Let me find my soundtrack copy, that double LP that I bought in the 70's now available in a digital format.



Tags: American Graffiti 1973  To share or post to your site, click on "Post Link". Please mention / link to the My View by Silvio Canto, Jr. Thanks!

PLEASE SUPPORT OUR BLOG AND RADIO SHOW

FOLLOW MY BLOG

LISTEN TO OUR RECENT SHOWS

Check Out Politics Podcasts at Blog Talk Radio with Silvio Canto Jr on BlogTalkRadio

Follow by Email

MY TWITTER

FACEBOOK

Search This Blog