Saturday, August 05, 2017

"The Godfather": 45 and still a great movie!

Image result for the godfather images

We take a minute and say Happy # 45 to "The Godfather".

As far as I'm concerned, "Gone with the wind" (1939), "Casablanca" (1941) & "The Godfather" from 1972, are the three greatest American movies.

Some of you will agree or disagree or select different movies.  However, it's hard to argue that my 3 were fabulous movies.

"The Godfather" is just as good today as it was 40 years.  (This is also true of "Casablanca" and "Gone with the wind".)

I know that there was a little "too much blood" in "The Godfather" but the movie was well written and the acting was superb.  I remember watching the movie for the first time and getting caught up in one scene after another.

My favorite scene is the one about the "horse head".   Who came up with the idea of putting that "horse head" on the bed?  Brilliant!

My second is when Michael goes to the restaurant and kills the two guys after finding the gun in the bathroom.  I love when they are speaking in Italian.  Great stuff!

Great movie.   Great family story. 



Tags: "The Godfather" is 40 To share or post to your site, click on "Post Link". Please mention / link to the My View by Silvio Canto, Jr. Thanks!

PLEASE SUPPORT OUR BLOG AND RADIO SHOW

FOLLOW MY BLOG

LISTEN TO OUR RECENT SHOWS

Check Out Politics Podcasts at Blog Talk Radio with Silvio Canto Jr on BlogTalkRadio

Follow by Email

MY TWITTER

FACEBOOK

Search This Blog