Saturday, August 12, 2017

Summer reading: The great Vince Lombardi

Related image

In 1964, our family arrived in Wisconsin from Cuba.   We did not know a thing about the NFL or what they call American football.    

It did not take long for my brother and I to fall in love with the Green Bay Packers, or the team coached by the late Vince Lombardi.    

I remember watching a weekly TV show and listening to Coach Lombardi discuss the last game and look ahead to the next team.   It caught my attention and I never missed a show.

Lombardi won 3 NFL titles and the first two Super Bowls.   He was an amazing man.   

In this book, David Maraniss wrote about Lombardi's character, a big part of his success as a coach and man.    It's a great book.



Tags: Vince Lombardi  To share or post to your site, click on "Post Link". Please mention / link to the My View by Silvio Canto, Jr. Thanks!

PLEASE SUPPORT OUR BLOG AND RADIO SHOW

FOLLOW MY BLOG

LISTEN TO OUR RECENT SHOWS

Check Out Politics Podcasts at Blog Talk Radio with Silvio Canto Jr on BlogTalkRadio

Follow by Email

MY TWITTER

FACEBOOK

Search This Blog