Tuesday, May 26, 1970

Summer reading: The great Bart Starr


Image result for bart starr images

Once upon a time, the NFL was more about rushing than passing.   In other words, those QB's from that era did not attempt 45 or 50 passes in a game.   Nevertheless, they were still the big heroes on the field.

My first football hero was Bart Starr.   I fell in love with # 15 because of Starr.   I used to move and throw the football like he did.    He was my complete idol.

Starr won two Super Bowl MVP's leading the Packers and establishing himself as one of the greatest QB's ever.    In this book, we see how much Bart Starr was in the middle of the development of the NFL into the game that we know today.

Great QB, maybe the best ever!   He died on this day in 2019.

P.S.  You can listen to my show.  If you like our posts, please look for ”Donate” on the right column of the blog page.



Search This Blog