Sunday, August 06, 2017

Happy # 51 to "Revolver" and "Taxman": George Harrison's wonderful attack on taxes

Related image


Happy # 51 to "Revolver" and George Harrison's "Taxman",  the first song in what we used to call Side A in the old LP format.    It is a great song about tax burdens and a bureaucracy that wants more and more of our salary...........



Taxman
"Let me tell you how it will be
There's one for you, nineteen for me
'Cause I'm the taxman, yeah, I'm the taxman

Should five per cent appear too small
Be thankful I don't take it all
'Cause I'm the taxman, yeah I'm the taxman

If you drive a car, I'll tax the street,
If you try to sit, I'll tax your seat.
If you get too cold I'll tax the heat,
If you take a walk, I'll tax your feet.

Don't ask me what I want it for, ha ha Mr. Wilson
If you don't want to pay some more, ha ha Mr. Heath
'Cause I'm the taxman, yeah, I'm the taxman

Now my advice for those who die
Declare the pennies on your eyes
'Cause I'm the taxman, yeah, I'm the taxman
And you're working for no one but me...."

Tags: INSERT TAGSTo share or post to your site, click on "Post Link". Please mention / link to the My View by Silvio Canto, Jr. Thanks!

PLEASE SUPPORT OUR BLOG AND RADIO SHOW

FOLLOW MY BLOG

LISTEN TO OUR RECENT SHOWS

Check Out Politics Podcasts at Blog Talk Radio with Silvio Canto Jr on BlogTalkRadio

Follow by Email

MY TWITTER

FACEBOOK

Search This Blog