Friday, July 24, 1970

"Doo wop" and the chapter of "wonderful harmonies" in rock music!



Doo Wop is one of the most interesting and fun chapters of rock music:
"Doo-wop is a style of vocal-based rhythm and blues music, which was started in the black community and became popular in the 1950s to the early 1960s."
It was before my time. I learned to love the music later when I began reading about "doo wop" groups. I love the tight harmonies! I love the songs and catchy melodies. Doo wop was great!

Let me pick some of my favorites.

The next selection is "Just two kinds of people in the world" by Little Anthony and The Imperials.

My third selection is "You belong to me" by The Duprees".

The next selection is one of my real favorites. It is "This I swear" by The Skyliners.

The Four Seasons came around a little bit later. They borrowed many of the vocal arrangements from the previous "doo wop" groups. This is "Rag Doll".

The Platters were the best of the "doo wop" groups. They were so elegant and recorded songs like "My prayer".

As I wrote before, the "doo wop" chapter was way before my time. Nevertheless, I loved the sounds and the arrangements. They were great songs!

 P.S.  You can listen to my show.  If you like our posts, please look for ”Donate” on the right column of the blog page.








Search This Blog