Friday, June 23, 2017

We remember Estela Raval (1935-2012)




As a young boy in Cuba, and later in the US, I remember hearing "Quiereme Siempre" on the radio or my parents' turntable. 

They were the the kind of "catchy songs" that sort of stick with you.  I think that they were personal favorites of my parents who used to enjoy them a lot.

My father told me that they were Los Cinco Latinos from Argentina and that Estela Raval was the lead vocalist. 

They were very popular in Cuba in the early 1960's.   Los Cinco Latinos recorded Spanish versions of The Platters' hits, such as "My prayer" and "Smoke gets in your eyes" plus Paul Anka's "You are my destiny".

In the late 1970s, I bought one of the LPs & learned a bit more about the group.  They've been one of my favorite Spanish speaking musical groups ever since.  I don't think that they record anymore but their sound is great.

I just read that Estela Raval died in June 6, 2012.   Wonder what happened to the other four members?

The Cinco Latinos had great harmonies plus Estela's very elegant good looks:

"Siempre, (siempre), quiéreme siempre, (quiéreme siempre) ,
 tanto, (tanto) como yo a ti (como yo a ti) Nunca, nuca me olvides, 
dime, dime que si Cuando, (cuando), 
beso tu boca, (beso tu boca), nada (nada ), 
nada es mejor (nada es mejor) 
Dame, dame tu vida, quiéreme siempre, 
dame tu amor, Siempre, quiéreme siempre, tanto, como yo a ti Nunca, 
nunca me olvides, dime, dime que si Cuando, 
beso tu boca, nada, nada es mejor Dame, 
dame tu vida, quiéreme siempre, dame tu amor, ...Amor..."


Tags: Estela Raval & Los Cinco Latinos  To share or post to your site, click on "Post Link". Please mention / link to the My View by Silvio Canto, Jr. Thanks!

PLEASE SUPPORT OUR BLOG AND RADIO SHOW

FOLLOW MY BLOG

LISTEN TO OUR RECENT SHOWS

Check Out Politics Podcasts at Blog Talk Radio with Silvio Canto Jr on BlogTalkRadio

Follow by Email

MY TWITTER

FACEBOOK

Search This Blog