Wednesday, June 21, 2017

November '75: The Bee Gees and "Nights on Broadway"



"Nights on Broadway" was the second single from MAIN COURSE, my favorite Bee Gees' album from the 1970's.

It was released in September and hit the US Top 10 in mid-November '75, or many years ago.

Barry, Robin and Maurice Gibb were just spectacular in this one. This is one of their best vocal efforts ever!

Barry and Robin share the lead. Maurice is just superb in the middle with some amazing harmony.   Enjoy it because I really do:





"Here we are in the room full of strangers,

Standing in the dark where your eyes couldn't see me


Well, I had to follow you Though you did not want me to.
But that won't stop my lovin' you I can't stay away

Blaming it all on the nights on Broadway
Singin' them love songs,
Singin' them straight to the heart songs.
Blamin' it all on the nights on Broadway
Singin' them sweet sounds
To that crazy, crazy town.

Now in my place There are so many others
Standin' in the line; How long will they stand between us?

Well, I had to follow you Though you did not want me to.
But that won't stop my lovin' you
I can't stay away

Blaming it all on the nights on Broadway
Singin' them love songs,
Singin' them straight to the heart songs.
Blamin' it all on the nights on Broadway
Singin' them sweet sounds
To that crazy, crazy town.

I will wait, even if it takes forever;
I will wait, even if it takes a life time.
Somehow I feel inside You never ever left my side.
Make it like it was before Even if it takes a life time, takes a life time.

Blaming it all on the nights on Broadway
Singin' them love songs,
Singin' them straight to the heart songs.
Blamin' it all on the nights on Broadway
Singin' them sweet sounds
To that crazy, crazy town...."

PLEASE SUPPORT OUR BLOG AND RADIO SHOW

FOLLOW MY BLOG

LISTEN TO OUR RECENT SHOWS

Check Out Politics Podcasts at Blog Talk Radio with Silvio Canto Jr on BlogTalkRadio

Follow by Email

MY TWITTER

FACEBOOK

Search This Blog