Thursday, March 02, 2017

Karen Carpenter (1950-83)



Like many of you, I loved The Carpenters in the 1970's. They were one of the most popular brother-sister acts ever!

In early February 1983, I remember landing late one night in Mexico City. I saw on the TV the awful news that Karen Carpenter had died in LA. I was stunned. 

It's still hard to believe that Karen Carpenter died so many years ago.

My favorite Carpenters songs were "Close to you", "I Need To Be In Love" and "Goodbye to love".

Later, we learned that Karen had some serious problems.

I saw this video of their Japan tour and it shows a fun side of Karen. She is singing in Japanese with some local girls!    It was great!

We miss Karen Carpenter. Her songs are still so good!





PLEASE SUPPORT OUR BLOG AND RADIO SHOW

FOLLOW MY BLOG

LISTEN TO OUR RECENT SHOWS

Check Out Politics Podcasts at Blog Talk Radio with Silvio Canto Jr on BlogTalkRadio

Follow by Email

MY TWITTER

FACEBOOK

Search This Blog