Saturday, June 17, 2017

"Baby as you turn away": A wonderful song from The Bee Gees!


MAIN COURSE was a stellar Bee Gees album from the 1970s.

It gave us big hits like "Jive Talkin", "Nights on Broadway" and "Fanny".

The album also included "Come on over" recorded by Olivia Newton John and "Country Lanes", one my favorite songs ever.

I never understood why they didn't release "Baby as you turn away" as a single.

It could have been the fourth top 10 song from the album.

This is one of their best songs and Gibb harmony.

Barry does the lead vocals. Robin & Maurice add some awesome background work:


Bee Gees: "Baby as You Turn Away"... https://t.co/ZNQmpIdX6Y via @YouTube


"Here am I one sad and lonely guy,one shadow of the man I used to be.
one shadow of the man I used to be.
Now it's past, the love I thought would last;
you thought I had you chained,and now you're free.
I know it's wrong but I'm still holding on,
still praying you will soon come back to me.
But then you go, you let your feelings show;
you said I gave you pain, and now I see.
But baby as you turn awayI will always think of what we had together.Baby, this is just your way of breaking my heart.
And it's easier to say goodbye,making me fall, making me try,try to make you stay as you turn away.
Now you're gone, this road I walkupon is just another place where I can hide.I'm still your man, there's proof of who I am;
I'm still your man, there's proof of who I am;
except without your love I'm dead inside.But baby as you turn away
I will always thinkof what we had together.Baby, this is just your way of breaking my heart.
And it's easier to say goodbye,
making me fall, watching me try,try to make you stay
as you turn away."
as you turn away."

PLEASE SUPPORT OUR BLOG AND RADIO SHOW

FOLLOW MY BLOG

LISTEN TO OUR RECENT SHOWS

Check Out Politics Podcasts at Blog Talk Radio with Silvio Canto Jr on BlogTalkRadio

Follow by Email

MY TWITTER

FACEBOOK

Search This Blog