Friday, April 21, 2017

1973: "Tie a yellow ribbon" is # 1 in the US




1973:  "Tie a yellow ribbon" was the #1 song in the US.    The song was on the charts as POW's returned from Vietnam.   It sold millions because it connected with people in a very personal way.

TIE A YELLOW RIBBON

"I'm comin' home, I've done my time

Now I've got to know what is and isn't mine
If you received my letter telling you I'd soon be free
Then you'll know just what to do
If you still want me If you still want me

Whoa, tie a yellow ribbon 'round the ole oak tree
It's been three long years Do ya still want me (still want me)
If I don't see a ribbon 'round the ole oak tree
I'll stay on the bus Forget about us
Put the blame on me If I don't see a yellow ribbon 'round the ole oak tree

Bus driver, please look for me
'cause I couldn't bear to see what I might see
I'm really still in prison And my love, she holds the key
A simple yellow ribbon's what I need to set me free
I wrote and told her please

Whoa, tie a yellow ribbon 'round the ole oak tree
It's been three long years Do ya still want me (still want me)
If I don't see a ribbon 'round the ole oak tree
I'll stay on the bus Forget about us
Put the blame on me If I don't see a yellow ribbon 'round the ole oak tree

Now the whole damned bus is cheerin'

And I can't believe I see
A hundred yellow ribbons 'round the ole oak tree

I'm comin' home, mmm, mmm

(Tie a ribbon 'round the ole oak tree)...."


Tags: "Tie a yellow ribbon" by Tony Orlando & Dawn  To share or post to your site, click on "Post Link". Please mention / link to the My View by Silvio Canto, Jr. Thanks!

PLEASE SUPPORT OUR BLOG AND RADIO SHOW

FOLLOW MY BLOG

LISTEN TO OUR RECENT SHOWS

Check Out Politics Podcasts at Blog Talk Radio with Silvio Canto Jr on BlogTalkRadio

Follow by Email

MY TWITTER

FACEBOOK

Search This Blog