Monday, March 06, 2017

We remember Elizabeth Barrett Browning (1806-1861)



Elizabeth Barrett Browning was born on this day in 1806.   She was an English poet of the Romantic Movement.      

On September 12, 1846Elizabeth Barrett eloped with Robert Browing.   They had a son in 1849 and l lived happily ever after.

"How Do I Love Thee?" (Sonnet 43) is probably Barrett Browning's most famous poem today.  It was written during her courtship with Robert Browning.
"How do I love thee? Let me count the ways. I love thee to the depth and breadth and height My soul can reach, when feeling out of sight for the ends of being and ideal grace."
P.S. You can listen to my show (Canto Talk) and follow me on Twitter.





Tags: Elizabeth Barrett Browning  To share or post to your site, click on "Post Link". Please mention / link to the My View by Silvio Canto, Jr. Thanks!

PLEASE SUPPORT OUR BLOG AND RADIO SHOW

FOLLOW MY BLOG

LISTEN TO OUR RECENT SHOWS

Check Out Politics Podcasts at Blog Talk Radio with Silvio Canto Jr on BlogTalkRadio

Follow by Email

MY TWITTER

FACEBOOK

Search This Blog