Monday, February 13, 2017

Valentine's Day and World War II


There were many great songs recorded in the 1940's, specially about the soldier at war and the girl back home.    

In 1945, Kitty Kalen and Harry James recorded one of the great tunes of that era.    It was titled "It's been a long long time" and you can now get it on a digital version:

"Never felt that you would be
standing so close near to me
there's so much I feel that I should say
but words can wait until some other day

Kiss me once, then kiss me twice, then kiss me once again,
It's been a long, long time!
Haven't felt like this my dear, since I can't remember when,
It's been a long, long time!
You'll never know how may dreams I dreamed about you,
or just how empty they all seemed without you

So, kiss me once, then kiss me twice,
then kiss me once again,

It's been a long, long time!"




Tags: It's been a very long time To share or post to your site, click on "Post Link". Please mention / link to the My View by Silvio Canto, Jr. Thanks!

PLEASE SUPPORT OUR BLOG AND RADIO SHOW

FOLLOW MY BLOG

LISTEN TO OUR RECENT SHOWS

Check Out Politics Podcasts at Blog Talk Radio with Silvio Canto Jr on BlogTalkRadio

Follow by Email

MY TWITTER

FACEBOOK

Search This Blog