Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Remembering Harry Nillson who died January 1994

 The amazing Harry Nilsson died this week in 1994, or years ago.....most people remember him for "Everybody's talkin'" & "Without you", both huge hits.....one of my favorite Nilsson songs was this one......an absolutely favorite and one of those 45s that we collected years ago.....


NILSSON
THE LORD MUST BE IN NEW YORK CITY

"I'll say goodbye to all my sorrow 
And by tomorrow I'll be on my way I guess the Lord must be in New York City 
 I'm so tired of getting nowhere Seein' my prayers goin' unanswered 
I guess the Lord must be in New York City 
 Well, here I am, Lord, knockin' at your back door, hmm 
Ain't it wonderful to be where I've always wanted to be? 
For the first time, I'll breathe free Here in New York City 
 Say goodbye to all my sorrow And by tomorrow I'll be on my way 
I guess the Lord must be in New York City So tired of getting nowhere 
And seein' my prayers goin' unanswered I guess the Lord must be in New York City 
 Well, here I am, Lord, knockin' at your back door, hmm 
Ain't it wonderful to be where I've always wanted to be? 
For the first time, I'll breathe free Here in New York City......"

Tags: Harry Nilsson  To share or post to your site, click on "Post Link". Please mention / link to the My View by Silvio Canto, Jr. Thanks!

PLEASE SUPPORT OUR BLOG AND RADIO SHOW

FOLLOW MY BLOG

LISTEN TO OUR RECENT SHOWS

Check Out Politics Podcasts at Blog Talk Radio with Silvio Canto Jr on BlogTalkRadio

Follow by Email

MY TWITTER

FACEBOOK

Search This Blog