Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Sorry to hear about Levi Stubbs




In the heyday of Top 40 radio, the DJ's featured something called "the battle of the bands".

It was one group against another, say The Beatles vs The Rolling Stones.

I always had real trouble picking a favorite when it was The Temptations vs The Four Tops.   I loved both their music so much.

I just read this:
"Levi Stubbs, the gravelly-voiced, imploring lead singer of the Motown group the Four Tops, who stood out in 1960s pop classics like “Reach Out, I’ll Be There,” and “Bernadette,” died on Friday at his home here.

He was 72."
According to the news reports, Levi Stubbs had been ill for some time. Frankly, I had not seen anything new from The Four Tops in quite a few years.

The group's story is amazing:
"From 1964-1967, the Four Tops recorded some of the Holland-Dozier-Holland team's greatest compositions, including "Reach Out, I'll Be There," "I Can't Help Myself (Sugar Pie, Honey Bunch)," "Standing in the Shadows of Love," "Bernadette," and "Baby I Need Your Loving."
It's hard to pick a favorite from The Four Tops

PLEASE SUPPORT OUR BLOG AND RADIO SHOW

FOLLOW MY BLOG

LISTEN TO OUR RECENT SHOWS

Check Out Politics Podcasts at Blog Talk Radio with Silvio Canto Jr on BlogTalkRadio

Follow by Email

MY TWITTER

FACEBOOK

Search This Blog