Tuesday, October 04, 2016

1957: "Leave it to Beaver" made its TV debut

"Leave it to Beaver", one of my all time favorite shows, made its debut today in 1957.    

The show had four characters that everyone could love:  Dad Ward Cleaver, Mom June Cleaver, Wally and Beaver.    And let's not forget Eddie Haskell, who probably drove every mother crazy!

The show lasted until 1963 so I did not see it until we got to the US in 1964.   Like many, I saw it in reruns.    

It is just a fun show with no deep meanings or messages about this or that.    Just a kid growing up with a responsible dad, loving mom and older brother.    In fact, I think that the show's success is that so many of us see our family in those characters.

By the way, I voted Mrs Cleaver as my favorite TV mom a few years ago.




Tags: "Leave it to Beaver"  To share or post to your site, click on "Post Link". Please mention / link to the My View by Silvio Canto, Jr. Thanks!

PLEASE SUPPORT OUR BLOG AND RADIO SHOW

FOLLOW MY BLOG

LISTEN TO OUR RECENT SHOWS

Check Out Politics Podcasts at Blog Talk Radio with Silvio Canto Jr on BlogTalkRadio

Follow by Email

MY TWITTER

FACEBOOK

Search This Blog