Tuesday, August 16, 2016

August 1977 and we remember another anniversary of Elvis' death!





It was August 16, 1977 and I was driving home from a night class. Like everybody else, I was shocked to hear of Elvis' death. He was 42.

Elvis came to Baltimore in mid-1977.   I recall speaking to a lady who went to the concert. She said that Elvis looked terrible and overweight. 

He was not the Elvis that she had seen in Las Vegas a few years before.

We know now that Elvis was not taking care of himself and allegedly taking drugs.

I don't really have an Elvis favorite. I do like his earlier material, such as "I want you, I need you, I love you".

PLEASE SUPPORT OUR BLOG AND RADIO SHOW

FOLLOW MY BLOG

LISTEN TO OUR RECENT SHOWS

Check Out Politics Podcasts at Blog Talk Radio with Silvio Canto Jr on BlogTalkRadio

Follow by Email

MY TWITTER

FACEBOOK

Search This Blog