Monday, February 08, 2016

Happy to see that the governors did well

As I told a friend weeks ago, I’d rather vote for a governor for president.   
Governors run states, in some cases they are bigger than most countries.   
Florida, Ohio, and New Jersey have huge GDP’s and face the kinds of challenges that a strong executive can not overlook. Just ask the governor of Michigan about the water crisis in Flint.
So I was happy to see that the governors did well last night. I agree with Dan Balz:
Christie was the relentless prosecutor. Bush was knowledgeable and, in contrast to some earlier performances, tough and direct. Ohio Gov. John Kasich carved out space as a candidate ready and willing to work across party lines.
Every governor did well and proved that governing is complicated and the best training for the Oval Office.
I love Senator Rubio and voted for Senator Cruz in Texas but they have never run anything of consequence. I’d love to see them serve as governor of Florida or Texas and then run for president in 10 years. They will be better prepared.
Dr. Carson is one of the finest human beings on the planet but he has not run anything.  
And Mr. Trump is too much about himself. I’m fed with all of the stuff about winning without an idea of what he’s talking about. Win what?
So I’m happy that the governors are back in the game. The party and the country needs for this primary campaign to go for a while.
P.S. You can listen to my show (Canto Talk) and follow me on Twitter.

Tags: The governos and New Hampshire 2016  To share or post to your site, click on "Post Link". Please mention / link to the My View by Silvio Canto, Jr. Thanks!

Search This Blog