Monday, December 28, 2015

Why are young Cubans coming?


(My new Babalu blogpost)

We’ve read several news accounts about Cubans in Central America or heading to the US.

It’s true that some want to get to the US before the Cuban act or law changes.

However, there is another reason.    They want to leave Cuba period, as we read in this article at The Telegraph:
Yenis Rojas should be a symbol of Cuba’s future. A doctor, she has worked all her life for the state, and is full of drive, energy and ambition.And yet, despite the announcement a year ago that America and Cuba were re-establishing ties after half a century of hostilities, she sees no promise in her homeland and has fled. “I had to get out,” she said, speaking from the Costa Rica, close to the border with Nicaragua, where she is camped out. “I couldn’t stand it any more.”
And that’s the story!

They want to leave because they “can’t stand it anymore”.

P.S. You can listen to my show (Canto Talk) and follow me on Twitter.

Tags: Why are young Cuban coming?  To share or post to your site, click on "Post Link". Please mention / link to the My View by Silvio Canto, Jr. Thanks!

Search This Blog