Wednesday, December 21, 2016

December 1963: "I want to hold your hand" by The Beatles


It was the day after Christmas in 1963 and "I want to hold your hand" was released in the US.    

In a month, the song would be # 1 in Billboard and "Beatlemania" was off and running.     The group appeared on The Ed Sullivan Show on February 9th.   It was a historic night for US TV.

In the UK, the B-side was "This boy".   In the US, it was "I saw her standing there".    

A few weeks later, "Meet the Beatles", the first Capitol LP was also released.   


Tags: I want to hold your hand,The Beatles To share or post to your site, click on "Post Link". Please mention / link to the My View by Silvio Canto, Jr. Thanks!

PLEASE SUPPORT OUR BLOG AND RADIO SHOW

FOLLOW MY BLOG

LISTEN TO OUR RECENT SHOWS

Check Out Politics Podcasts at Blog Talk Radio with Silvio Canto Jr on BlogTalkRadio

Follow by Email

MY TWITTER

FACEBOOK

Search This Blog