Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Let's do 'the right‐wing conspiracy thing' like it's 1998

(My new American Thinker post)

The late 1990s are back, including having James Carville and Lanny Davis carrying the water for the Clintons on television.  

Carville was on MSNBC lately, and it sure felt like a rerun from 1998:
ANDREA MITCHELL, NBC NEWS: Isn't it time for Hillary Clinton to speak out? If you were advising her, should she address these issues? 
JAMES CARVILLE: I wouldn't -- I don't know exactly -- it was legal. It wasn't against regulations. Colin Powell and Jeb Bush did the same thing, but oh, my God. Do you remember Whitewater? Do you remember Foulgate? Do you remember Travelgate? Do you remember Pardongate? Do you remember Benghazi?
All of this is just the same cockamamie stuff that we go through. The Times got something from right-wing talking points. They print the story. They've got to walk the story back. And everybody -- the chin scratchers go 'Oh, my God. The story's not right, but it says something larger about the Clintons.' This is never going to end. We've lived with this for 20 years. We'll live with it for the rest of the campaign. It's all about nothing. That's my view of the whole thing.
So Carville thinks that the Times got something from right-wing talking points?  I guess that I've heard everything!

The real problem is that the Clintons do not think that rules apply to them.

I agree with Ron Fournier:
You can't spin your way out of this, you can't intimidate your way out of this. You can't demagogue the media and blame the Republicans your way out of this.
And I would add that you can't get out of this hole by hiding in the bunker!

P.S. You can hear my show (CantoTalk) or follow me on Twitter.



Tags: The Clinton defense feels like 1998  To share or post to your site, click on "Post Link". Please mention / link to the My View by Silvio Canto, Jr. Thanks!

Search This Blog