Tuesday, February 04, 2014

A word about Jesus Prieto and that generation of Cuban men

(My new Babalu post)
Last May, I had the pleasure of participating in the Babalu booth at Cuba Nostalgia.
It gave me the opportunity to meet Mr Prieto and share a few stories about Texas, Cuba and some Alvarez-Guedes jokes.
He was a delightful man.  Mr & Mrs Prieto reminded me so much of my parents.
A few minutes ago, I spoke with Valentin Prieto to share my personal condolences for Mr Prieto's death.
Time is passing by and our "viejos" sadly move on.  It is the unfortunate reality of the clock.  It does not stop ticking.
It was men like Mr Prieto, and so many of our fathers, who set foot on this land many years ago.
They worked hard, often doing whatever job came long.    My father was a belt man at a hotel.  My uncle picked tomatoes for a while.
They taught us about the work ethic, personal responsibility and provided so that we could fulfill our dreams.
RIP Mr Prieto.  You were "the greatest generation" and we owe everything to you and so many men like you.


Tags: Mr Jesus Prieto  To share or post to your site, click on "Post Link". Please mention / link to the My View by Silvio Canto, Jr. Thanks!

Search This Blog