Saturday, September 21, 2013

Another Op-Ed? When will foreign dictators go on 'Dancing with the stars'?

(My new American Thinker post)

First, it was "Moscow Vlad" over at The NY Times.  Now, it "the moderate from Tehran" going on The Washington Post.    

Do I see a trend here?  

The cynic in me tells me that Iran is buying time, or wrapping up the West in a negotiation mode.  

Iran, like all others, have concluded that the US is weak.  They see a president who drew a red line, threatened to use force, couldn't get a congressional resolution and then backed into a deal that allows Assad to stay in power. 

The bottom line is that we drew a line, someone crossed it and nothing happened.  They call that "weakness" in the real world.  

I agree with my friend Bill Katz:    

"My fear is that we will get an "agreement" with Iran that will be meaningless.  They'll "scale back" a small part of their program, allow some international inspection, and pursue the bomb secretly.  Europeans will be the first to look away, for there is business to be done in Iran.  Then will come the leftist journalists, who will hail Obama as a peacemaker.  Hey, let's get back to carbon footprints.  Iran has duly noted our cave-in on Syria.  They know with whom they're dealing."   

Op-eds?  Charm tours?  Larry King interviews?  When will the moderate of Tehran go on "Dancing with the stars"?   

You can hear CANTO TALK here.




Tags: Putin, Iran, Obama  To share or post to your site, click on "Post Link". Please mention / link to the My View by Silvio Canto, Jr. Thanks!

Search This Blog