Friday, June 21, 2013

President Obama and the Europeans

(My new American Thinker post)

Europeans have a bad case of "I'm looking through you".  Remember The Beatles' song:

"I'm looking through you, where did you go
I thought I knew you, what did I know
You don't look different, but you have changed
I'm looking through you, you're not the same...."


Some in the European press say that "the honeymoon is over".   


I would ask a different question:  How did the marriage happen in the first place?  What led 250,000 in Berlin 2008 to invest so much of their hopes and dreams in a man that they didn't know anything about, an individual with no accomplishments? 

Again, what led millions around the world to invest in a fantasy, or a man who told them what they wanted to hear?    I don't know the answer but it is scary given the continent's horrific structural problems facing just about every country. 

Are Europeans ready for leadership that will tell the truth?  leaders that will speak bluntly about the sad state of affairs in Europe?

I have my doubts because of the way that they fell for "Obamamania"!



Tags: President Obama and the Europeans  To share or post to your site, click on "Post Link". Please mention / link to the My View by Silvio Canto, Jr. Thanks!

Search This Blog