Sunday, February 10, 2013

Reg Presley and memories of Top 40 radio



We learned this week of Reg Presley's death.  Reg was the lead singer of The Troggs, a British band that had several Top 40 hits in the late 1960s

Reg's death reminds me of those days when we used to listen to AM radio and catch the top 40 every week.  

Frankly, I miss those radio stations.  I miss the DJ's who counted down the hitsLarry Lujack of WLS in Chicago comes to mind.   I remember walking home from school listening to WLS and enjoying music recorded by bands like The Troggs.

Click for "Love is all around", one of their big hits:


"I feel it in my fingers I feel it in my toes
Love is all around me And so the feeling grows
Its written on the wind Its everywhere I go,
So if you really love me Come on and let it show
You know I love you, I always will
My minds made up by the Way that I feel
There's no beginning, There'll be no end
cause on my love you can depend
I see your face before me
As I lay on my bed I kinda get to thinking
Of all the things you said, 

You gave your promise to me and i
Gave mine to you
I need someone beside me
In everything I do, oh yes I do
You know I love you, I always will,
My minds made up by the
Way that I feel There's no beginning,
There'll be no end
cause on my love you can depend 

 Oh its written in the wind Oh everywhere I go,
So if you really love me, love me, love me
Come on and let it show Come on and let it show"


Tags: Reg Presley and memories of Top 40 radio  To share or post to your site, click on "Post Link". Please mention / link to the My View by Silvio Canto, Jr. Thanks!

PLEASE SUPPORT OUR BLOG AND RADIO SHOW

MY BOOK: CUBANOS IN WISCONSIN

Follow by Email

MY TWITTER

BLOG ARCHIVE

Search This Blog

Loading...