Sunday, January 13, 2013

Maurice Gibb died 10 years ago



Maurice Gibb of The Bee Gees died 10 years ago.  It was a sudden death unlike Robin who battled cancer for over a year.  It was a shock to say the least:


Maurice was known as the man in the middle.  He did not do a lot of lead vocals.  His contributions were the indispensable 3rd voice in the group's harmonies and arranging their hit songs.  He played bass, guitar, piano and organ.

We remember "It's just the way", one of Maurice Gibb's best lead vocals & "Toast and marmalade for tea", a song that Maurice wrote and produced for Tin Tin:


"Just the way that I feel about tomorrow
I'll be sad and alone all the time
It's just the way that you said
You don't love me anymore than goodbye

I can't believe what you're saying You don't love me anymore, goodbye

Just the way that I feel about tomorrow
Knowing you won't be there by my side
I wish that I could say to you
Well, can't we just be good friends?

Would you leave the door open Let me walk in again?

That's the way I've been thinking 'bout tomorrow
I only know that friends can't be lovers again."



"Toast and marmalade for tea Sailing ships upon the sea
Aren't lovlier than you Or the games I see you play

You more lovely than the day When the sun is in your eyes
I see through your disguise Or the games I see you play"

Tags: Maurice Gibb died 10 years ago To share or post to your site, click on "Post Link". Please mention / link to the My View by Silvio Canto, Jr. Thanks!

PLEASE SUPPORT OUR BLOG AND RADIO SHOW

MY BOOK: CUBANOS IN WISCONSIN

Follow by Email

MY TWITTER

Search This Blog

Loading...