Friday, December 21, 2012

Merry Christmas from Texas


One of my favorite parts of another Christmas in Texas is that there is so much variety of food.  We have traditional Texan food, plus a bit of the Mexican flavor such as tamales and my mom always has a "flan".

My second part is that we don't have to worry about snowstorms although we've had a couple of surprises in recent years.

Merry Christmas to all! 

Click here for George Strait and my favorite Texan song about the season:




WHEN IT'S CHRISTMAS IN TEXAS BY GEORGE STRAIT


"When it's Christmas time in Texas
It's a very special time for me
In Texas we'll go swinging' 'round the Christmas tree
Dancing' to a Christmas melody
When it's Christmas time in Texas
It might look just like a summer day
There may not be snow in San Antonio
But it's a Texas Christmas to me


When Santa Claus crosses over the border
It'll sound a little different when he sings
'Cause he'll hear those twin fiddle's playing'
Christmas songs with a touch of western swing
There may not be snow in San Antonio
But it's a Texas Christmas to me


When it's Christmas time in Texas
I love to hear those Christmas carolers sing
People on the go children's faces all aglow

wondering what Santa is going to bring
Grandpa's been chasing' grandma around
Trying' to catch her neath the mistletoe
Everything is right the lone star shining' bright
But it's a Texas Christmas to me...
  When Santa Claus crosses the border
It'll sound a little different when he sings
'Cause he'll hear those twin fiddle's playing'
Christmas songs with a touch of western swing
There may not be snow in San Antonio
But it's a Texas Christmas to me...
 
Wishing you all a Merry Christmas
Merry Christmas from Texas and me."


Tags: Merry Christmas from Texas  To share or post to your site, click on "Post Link". Please mention / link to the My View by Silvio Canto, Jr. Thanks!

PLEASE SUPPORT OUR BLOG AND RADIO SHOW

MY BOOK: CUBANOS IN WISCONSIN

Follow by Email

MY TWITTER

Search This Blog

Loading...