Friday, November 09, 2012

I like the Electoral College but EV's should be awarded by district not states

Let me start by saying that I like the Electoral College.  It forces candidates to pay attention to smaller states, such as New Hampshire or Wyoming.

However, the Electoral College also overstates the mandate.

For example, the 2012 election was an extrremely close contest.  As of this morning, Pres BO had 60 million votes and Gov Romney had 58 million!  That is less than 1%!  (By the way, this map does not show the Alaska results.  Alaska was basically red too!)

What if we awarded EV's by congressional districts?   Here is the idea:

1) Give each canddiate 2 votes for winning state; and,

2) One vote for each congressional district.

Look at the above map.  I don't think that Pres BO would have won 303 EV's under my suggestion.   It's very possible that Gov Romney would have won the election or 270 EV's. 

Check here for our Thursday show:


Listen to internet radio with Silvio Canto Jr on Blog Talk Radio



Tags: I like the Electoral College but EV's should be awarded by district not states  To share or post to your site, click on "Post Link". Please mention / link to the My View by Silvio Canto, Jr. Thanks!

PLEASE SUPPORT OUR BLOG AND RADIO SHOW

MY BOOK: CUBANOS IN WISCONSIN

Follow by Email

MY TWITTER

Search This Blog

Loading...