Wednesday, July 06, 2016

1967: Remember when "To love somebody" and "Somebody to love" were on the charts?

Once upon a time, we collected 45s.  My brother and I spent every bit of our "savings" building a 45s colection second to none.  It worked out because we shared the same stereo, slept in the same room and had identical tastes.  Therefore, I liked what he contributed and vice versa.

I remember one time when I was accounting for our batch of 45s.  I realized that we had a song called "To love somebody" and another one "Somebody to love".

They are both classics from that wonderful musical year of 1967.

"To love somebody" was The Bee Gees' 2nd international hit, or the follow up to "New York Mining Disaster".  It was recorded by several artists and it is still very popular today.

"Somebody to love" was the first big hit by Jefferson Airplane, a California band.  The lead singer was Gracie Slick.

It was a great summer of songs.  Click to hear the songs:


"There's a light, a certain kind of light that never shone on me
I want my life to be lived with you, lived with you
There's a way everybody say to do each and every little thing
But what does it bring if I ain't got you, ain't got? Baby

You don't know what it's like, baby You don't know what it's like
To love somebody, to love somebody The way I love you

In my parade, I see your face again, I know my frame of mind
You ain't got to be so blind and I'm blind, so, so, so very blind
I'm a man, can't you see what I am? I live and breathe for you
But what good does it do if I ain't got you, ain't got? Baby

You don't know what it's like, baby You don't know what it's like
To love somebody, to love somebody The way I love you

You don't know what it's like, baby
You don't know what it's like
To love somebody, to love somebody The way I love you

You don't know what it's like You don't know what it's like
You don't know what it's like
To love somebody, to love somebody....""




"When the truth is found to be lies and all the joy within you dies
don't you want somebody to love don't you need somebody to love
wouldn't you love somebody to love you better find somebody to love

When the garden flowers baby are dead yes
and your mind your mind is so full of RED
don't you want somebody to love don't you need somebody to love
wouldn't you love somebody to love you better find somebody to love

your eyes, I say your eyes may look like his [yeah]
but in your head baby I'm afraid you don't know where it is
don't you want somebody to love don't you need somebody to love
wouldn't you love somebody to love you better find somebody to love

tears are running ahhh, they're all running down your breast
and your friends baby they treat you like a guest.
don't you want somebody to love don't you need somebody to love
wouldn't you love somebody to love
you better find somebody to love..."

----------------------------------
Tags: Remember when "To love somebody" and "Somebody to love" were on the charts?  To share or post to your site, click on "Post Link". Please mention / link to the My View by Silvio Canto, Jr. Thanks!

PLEASE SUPPORT OUR BLOG AND RADIO SHOW

FOLLOW MY BLOG

LISTEN TO OUR RECENT SHOWS

Check Out Politics Podcasts at Blog Talk Radio with Silvio Canto Jr on BlogTalkRadio

Follow by Email

MY TWITTER

FACEBOOK

Search This Blog