Thursday, July 07, 2016

Summer and memories of 45s!

Before cell phones, mp3 files and video games, we spent our summers doing 3 things:

1) Playing baseball, touch football or basketball;

2) Swimming at the public pool;

3) Watching all of those girls in their swim suits; and

4) Loving what they used to call Top 40 radio.

The music from he Top 40 charts was fantastic.  I recall a couple of songs from those summer days when our biggest concern was catching a girl's eye.

Two of my favorites were Junior Walker's "What does it take your love for me" & The Troggs' "With a girl like you".  They told the story of a 15 year old boy catching a girl's eye. 

Click here for the song:



"What does it take to win your love for me?
How can I make this dream come true for me?
Oh, I just got to know, 
Oh, baby, 'cause I love you so,
Gonna blow for you
I've tried, I've tried, I've tried,
I've tried in every way I could 
to make you see how much I love you
Oh, I thought you understood
So you gotta make me see,
What does it take to win your love for me?..."

Tags: First weekend of summer memories:  Songs and watching girls at the pool  To share or post to your site, click on "Post Link". Please mention / link to the My View by Silvio Canto, Jr. Thanks!

PLEASE SUPPORT OUR BLOG AND RADIO SHOW

FOLLOW MY BLOG

LISTEN TO OUR RECENT SHOWS

Check Out Politics Podcasts at Blog Talk Radio with Silvio Canto Jr on BlogTalkRadio

Follow by Email

MY TWITTER

FACEBOOK

Search This Blog