Saturday, June 02, 2012
Dear Mariela: Your family is the mafia NOT the Cuban Americans who want freedom for Cuba
As a proud Cuban-American, and the son of parents who stood for freedom in Cuba, I find Mariela Castro repulsive.
We were saddened to see people cheer Mariela in San Francisco. We are happy that many "gay groups" in the US are not buying the nonsense that Mariela Castro is pushing.
We saw last week a "gay reaction" in South Florida:
"Gay Cuban Americans in Miami are furious that Fidel Castro's niece is meeting this week and next with lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender activists in San Francisco and New York City.
"For Mariela Castro, or anybody else under the Castro dictatorship, to say they are representing the rights of anyone is an insult to the hundreds of thousands who have either been killed, jailed or assassinated by their own hands, or the nearly 100,000 people who’ve jumped into the ocean looking for freedom who haven’t made it here," said Herb Sosa, executive director of Unity Coalition, Miami-Dade County's leading Hispanic gay rights group."
Let me add this about "gay rights". I am against same sex marriage. At the same time, I don't support discrimination based on sexual orientation. I don't care about someone's sexual orientation as long as it is a private matter. I do care about marriage, an institution that must be defended and can not be redefined so that Pres BO can collect millions of dollars from "gay" contributors. (1 in 6 Obama Money Bundlers is Gay)
Unfortunately, too many in the Obama "we need for our "gay base" to show up in November" administration have a very bad memory of how the Castro brothers treated homosexuals in Cuba.
In fact, homosexuals were treated as anti-social elements and often as consequences of capitalist materialism. It was one of many human rights disasters in the island.
Again, it is a joke, an insult to our intelligence and a mockery to have Mariela Castro on a mission to promote "gay rights" or to give her endorsement of Pres BO. (Someone in SF should ask Mariela about Reinaldo Arenas, Cuban writer)
Click here for our Saturday show:
Tags: Dear Mariela: Your family is the mafia NOT the Cuban Americans who want freedom for Cuba To share or post to your site, click on "Post Link". Please mention / link to the My View by Silvio Canto, Jr. Thanks!
Posted by Silvio Canto, Jr. Post Link ---> 12:01 AM
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR BLOG
- December (29)
- November (87)
- October (108)
- September (87)
- August (79)
- July (62)
- June (70)
- May (71)
- April (60)
- March (43)
- February (46)
- January (55)
- December (40)
- November (35)
- October (47)
- September (35)
- August (33)
- July (43)
- Pres BO was in shock when we water-boarded 3 terro...
- It's a tax and let Pres BO & Dems defend that now!...
- Pres BO is just playing politics with Hispanics an...
- Remembering The Berlin Airlift and presidential le...
- Venezuela? Pres BO is acting more and more like Hu...
- Calling Jorge Ramos: Hispanics Are More Interested...
- The Supreme Court upholds the key provision of the...
- The problem with Fast & Furious is that a bunch of...
- Happy birthday: Robert Jaggers is 90 years old
- Dear Brides & Grooms: Cancel your honeymoon and se...
- Dear President Calderon: Mexico would benefit from...
- First weekend of summer memories: Songs and watch...
- Pres BO has actually lost support since he went ar...
- Stand up and fight against Pres BO's war against C...
- The Beach Boys must be pretty good if George Will ...
- Pres BO goes into "fast & furious" mode to keep th...
- Governing by presidential decree should scare the ...
- The first day of summer and happy 70th birthday to...
- The Hispanic "love affair" with Pres BO is more of...
- Romney should talk to Hispanics about jobs, public...
- This is not about the young "dreamers"......this i...
- Happy # 70 for Paul McCartney
- Happy Fathers Day 2012
- Dear Pres BO: Where are the 800,000 "dreamers" go...
- Why do we need a constitution? We have Barack "Hu...
- A very weak Pres BO allows Russia made helicopters...
- Amnesty by executive order & pathetic pandering in...
- Mid-June surprises and disappointments with the Ra...
- The Dixie Cups and a song that everybody loves
- Wouldn't you spank your kid if he was whining like...
- The "BO coalition" is cracking up because it was a...
- Some thoughts about that Mexican presidential elec...
- It would help if a presidential candidate in Mexic...
- Europe needs a Gov Walker and Wisconsin's voters
- "Donde estan"? Where are all of those Hispanic vot...
- Pres BO needs plumbers because the "leaking" is ou...
- The anti-Bush is too much like Bush for a lot of d...
- Remembering "Respect" by Aretha Franklin
- Pres BO looks lost and overwhelmed by the job
- Wisconsin will be the beginning of the end for pub...
- It is a shame that many Dems are covering AG Holde...
- Pres Reagan and the D-Day speech that every kid sh...
- Some thoughts on the Wisconsin recall
- Remembering Herb Reed and the amazing Platters
- Why isn't Pres Calderon of Mexico screaming about ...
- Twilight Zone: Mariela "SI" but Walesa "NO"
- "Hispanos" hit very hard by today's economic numbe...
- What a great ad to mock Pres BO and the lefty "Hol...
- Is angry Maureen about to dump BO?
- Happy # 45 to Sgt Pepper
- Friday's bad economic news: Is anybody still drin...
- Dear Mariela: Your family is the mafia NOT the Cub...
- The "war on women" theme has completely backfired ...
- May (58)
- April (58)
- March (54)
- February (53)
- January (64)
- December (66)
- November (47)
- October (64)
- September (75)
- August (70)
- July (83)
- June (83)
- May (85)
- April (74)
- March (73)
- February (63)
- January (74)
- December (82)
- November (70)
- October (67)
- September (58)
- August (72)
- July (92)
- June (76)
- May (69)
- April (67)
- March (61)
- February (56)
- January (99)
- December (120)
- November (89)
- October (97)
- September (109)
- August (115)
- July (115)
- June (121)
- May (121)
- April (112)
- March (127)
- February (107)
- January (131)
- December (116)
- November (98)
- October (107)
- September (90)
- August (104)
- July (137)
- June (131)
- May (129)
- April (96)
- March (84)
- February (95)
- January (85)
- December (103)
- November (108)
- October (94)
- September (85)
- August (70)
- July (90)
- June (84)
- May (101)
- April (111)
- March (109)
- February (98)
- January (105)
- December (120)
- November (109)
- October (142)
- September (120)
- August (109)
- July (78)
- June (63)
- May (45)
- April (40)
- March (72)
- February (81)
- January (66)
- December (82)
- November (46)
- October (33)
- September (39)
- August (42)
- July (32)
- June (30)
- May (28)
- April (9)
- March (24)
- February (18)
- January (17)