Thursday, May 17, 2012
Will Pres BO now say that he was wrong about The Colombia Free Trade Agreement?
The Colombia Free Trade Agreement will finally go into effect today. It was negotiated by Pres Bush and delayed by the Dems and Pres BO.
The CFTA was always about jobs. It was about expanding commerce and creating jobs in both countries.
It was such a good idea that the Dems opposed it to pander to the unions.
IBD has a good outline of some of the more obvious benefits from the CFTA:
"With the U.S.-Colombia free trade pact going into force Tuesday, the U.S. stands to gain $1.1 billion in new sales to Colombia, meaning plenty of demand for Long Beach. In anticipation, U.S. trade with Colombia increased 19% last year alone.
And ports like Charleston, Miami, Houston and New Orleans may reap even bigger benefits. That means jobs — lots of them.
The U.S.-Colombia deal took six years to pass and the news "narrative" was all about how free trade somehow costs jobs."
Of course, the narrative about costing jobs was wrong.
We say hello to Colombia and look forward to a prosperous and very long economic relationship between the two countries.
Colombia is a developing country and a wonderful ally in South America. Colombia should also be congratulated for standing up to the cartels. We salute Pres Uribe and the Colombia military for defending their country.
By the way, will Pres BO now say that Pres Bush was right about The CFTA?
I don't know if Pres BO will recognize Pres Bush's visionary attitude about trade with Latin America. Nevertheless, it's worth remembering that it was Pres Bush who fought to expand commercial relations with Latin America.
Here is a little video, in case you forgot:
Tags: Will Pres BO now say that he was wrong about The Colombia Free Trade Agreement? To share or post to your site, click on "Post Link". Please mention / link to the My View by Silvio Canto, Jr. Thanks!
Posted by Silvio Canto, Jr. Post Link ---> 12:30 AM
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR BLOG
- December (54)
- November (87)
- October (108)
- September (87)
- August (79)
- July (62)
- June (70)
- May (71)
- April (60)
- March (43)
- February (46)
- January (55)
- December (40)
- November (35)
- October (47)
- September (35)
- August (33)
- July (43)
- June (53)
- Gov Romney wins Texas and moves one step closer to...
- Nobody is paying attention to Pres BO, specially D...
- May 1813: Remembering the first of the Jefferson-A...
- The "food ration" card never affected Mariela's fa...
- Elvis Andrus should be the starting shortstop for ...
- Happy Memorial Day 2012
- Happy birthday Bob Dylan (a few days late)
- A very nice article about Robin Gibb
- The GOP primary: I voted for Ted Cruz on Friday
- Mariela for Obama
- Romney can start talking to Hispanics by supportin...
- Pres BO has big problems with Southern Dems
- Pres BO can not hit 50% with a poll that "oversamp...
- Remembering how Robin Gibb & The Bee Gees sang for...
- Time for "a Reset" between the U.S. and Mexico
- Bad timing: A visa for Mariela Castro to coincide ...
- It's time for the US to get out of Afghanistan if ...
- I guess that it was BO who started the "born in Ke...
- The Rubios are a very nice family
- Robin Gibb's death reminds us of The Bee Gees' fir...
- Maybe Pres BO was born in Kenya and Hawaii at the ...
- Two pretty ladies who celebrated a birthday this m...
- The big fat mess in Greece and everywhere else in ...
- Happy birthday to Estela Raval, but no one knows h...
- The 24-15 Rangers are doing just fine
- The Senate Dems keep voting "NO" on Pres BO's budg...
- Was Pres BO there when Elvis met with Pres Nixon?
- Will Pres BO now say that he was wrong about The C...
- Remembering the 1st of Nolan Ryan's 7 no-hitters
- What if Pres BO "evolves" on same-sex marriage and...
- Another episode in "The Dems think that Hispanics ...
- The left wants to talk about everything except Pre...
- It's early but Pres BO has a few problems
- Happy Mothers Day (and some of my favorite TV moth...
- Serious journalism? The Washington Post puts a 19...
- Same sex marriage: Pres BO put "money" over princi...
- Why are unaccompanied children showing up at the U...
- "Same sex marriage" puts Pres BO at odds with fell...
- Happy birthday to my mother
- The story of Sara Marta Fonseca-Quevedo
- Pres BO finally makes up his mind on same sex marr...
- Josh Hamilton on his way to another superb season
- How did Pres BO turn the killing of OBL into anoth...
- A well formed young woman brings a new meaning to ...
- The election is 6 months away and Hispanic registr...
- 5 years of doing the radio show
- Greece and France shake up the European landscape
- Dear Luisita: Why are your carrying the water for ...
- Today's jobs report will send more Mexicans back t...
- The potholes on "La Carreterra Central" and other ...
- What if they had an election and Hispanics voted f...
- Why hasn't Pres BO said anything about Pres Cristi...
- Dear Pres BO: Who is going to tell Hispanic "abuel...
- It's early but the Rangers have a very nice lead o...
- Another "5 de Mayo" and time for another Obama spe...
- Our shrinking president does not understand leader...
- They told me that the world would be disappointed ...
- The Bee Gees and First of May
- April (58)
- March (54)
- February (53)
- January (64)
- December (66)
- November (47)
- October (64)
- September (75)
- August (70)
- July (83)
- June (83)
- May (85)
- April (74)
- March (73)
- February (63)
- January (74)
- December (82)
- November (70)
- October (67)
- September (58)
- August (72)
- July (92)
- June (76)
- May (69)
- April (67)
- March (61)
- February (56)
- January (99)
- December (120)
- November (89)
- October (97)
- September (109)
- August (115)
- July (115)
- June (121)
- May (121)
- April (112)
- March (127)
- February (107)
- January (131)
- December (116)
- November (98)
- October (107)
- September (90)
- August (104)
- July (137)
- June (131)
- May (129)
- April (96)
- March (84)
- February (95)
- January (85)
- December (103)
- November (108)
- October (94)
- September (85)
- August (70)
- July (90)
- June (84)
- May (101)
- April (111)
- March (109)
- February (98)
- January (105)
- December (120)
- November (109)
- October (142)
- September (120)
- August (109)
- July (78)
- June (63)
- May (45)
- April (40)
- March (72)
- February (81)
- January (66)
- December (82)
- November (46)
- October (33)
- September (39)
- August (42)
- July (32)
- June (30)
- May (28)
- April (9)
- March (24)
- February (18)
- January (17)