Thursday, May 31, 2012
Gov Romney wins Texas and moves one step closer to winning in November
Gov Romney "got it" in Texas last night. He will be the GOP nominee this fall and let's all get down to business.
Let's take a look at the Romney vs Obama campaign in late May:
1) The "poll numbers" look very good for Romney. The latest "RCP average of polls" has it a dead heat. However, the key number is that Pres BO, the incumbent, is under 50%! Ask any political consultant and he will tell that incumbents consistently under 50% lose reelection!
2) The Obama reelection message shifts from week to week. It was "hope and change" in 2008. Ed Morrissey nailed it: It's "fear and inertia" this time around!
3) The Obama message goes a bit like this:
"We killed Osama.....Romney is going to send your "abuela" back to Mexico.....we killed Osama......Romney is going to take your grandmother's Social Security check and give it to the rich......we killed Osama.....the world respects us because Obama said so.......Romney is going to make us extremely unpopular in Europe because he won't promise to close GITMO.....we killed Osama.....did I tell you that we killed Osama?....yes I killed Osama."
Sorry, a campaign of fear is not going to cut it. Again, I loved Ed's analysis:
"Obama's bigger problem is his lack of a coherent and positive vision. In 2008, Obama's team didn't need to produce a complicated and nuanced agenda for his presidency; not being the establishment was enough.
This time, Obama has to either produce a real agenda to justify a second term after three years of economic stagnation, or he has to make his opponent look scary and weird.
So far, Team Obama has opted for Plan Scary. They have painted Mitt Romney as a heartless "vampire capitalist" and dug up stories of high-school bullying. They have used Ann Romney's passion for horses as a way to remind voters of just how wealthy the Romneys are.
But those attacks have largely backfired as Democrats objected to attacks on private equity, an industry on which they rely for donors, and the mean-spiritedness of the personal attacks stoked sympathy for the Romneys, especially Ann."
Again, "Plan Scary" won't cut it. It reminds me of 1980 when a desperate Pres Carter promoted candidate Reagan as a threat and too dangerous to sit in the Oval Office.
It fell apart for two reasons.
Carter was a failure. It's hard to defend "failure" by scaring people about your opponent.
The second reason is that Reagan just said: "There you go again....."
Most people laughed and agreed with Reagan. He carried 41 states and the election was over around 8pm CT!
I don't know if the Obama campaign will be stupid enough to continue playing "Plan Scary". At the same time, what else are they going to do? Defend their record?
Click for our Wednesday conversation with Mike Sage, author & Romney supporter:
Tags: Gov Romney wins Texas and moves one step closer to winning in November To share or post to your site, click on "Post Link". Please mention / link to the My View by Silvio Canto, Jr. Thanks!
Posted by Silvio Canto, Jr. Post Link ---> 12:30 AM
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR BLOG
- December (38)
- November (87)
- October (108)
- September (87)
- August (79)
- July (62)
- June (70)
- May (71)
- April (60)
- March (43)
- February (46)
- January (55)
- December (40)
- November (35)
- October (47)
- September (35)
- August (33)
- July (43)
- June (53)
- Gov Romney wins Texas and moves one step closer to...
- Nobody is paying attention to Pres BO, specially D...
- May 1813: Remembering the first of the Jefferson-A...
- The "food ration" card never affected Mariela's fa...
- Elvis Andrus should be the starting shortstop for ...
- Happy Memorial Day 2012
- Happy birthday Bob Dylan (a few days late)
- A very nice article about Robin Gibb
- The GOP primary: I voted for Ted Cruz on Friday
- Mariela for Obama
- Romney can start talking to Hispanics by supportin...
- Pres BO has big problems with Southern Dems
- Pres BO can not hit 50% with a poll that "oversamp...
- Remembering how Robin Gibb & The Bee Gees sang for...
- Time for "a Reset" between the U.S. and Mexico
- Bad timing: A visa for Mariela Castro to coincide ...
- It's time for the US to get out of Afghanistan if ...
- I guess that it was BO who started the "born in Ke...
- The Rubios are a very nice family
- Robin Gibb's death reminds us of The Bee Gees' fir...
- Maybe Pres BO was born in Kenya and Hawaii at the ...
- Two pretty ladies who celebrated a birthday this m...
- The big fat mess in Greece and everywhere else in ...
- Happy birthday to Estela Raval, but no one knows h...
- The 24-15 Rangers are doing just fine
- The Senate Dems keep voting "NO" on Pres BO's budg...
- Was Pres BO there when Elvis met with Pres Nixon?
- Will Pres BO now say that he was wrong about The C...
- Remembering the 1st of Nolan Ryan's 7 no-hitters
- What if Pres BO "evolves" on same-sex marriage and...
- Another episode in "The Dems think that Hispanics ...
- The left wants to talk about everything except Pre...
- It's early but Pres BO has a few problems
- Happy Mothers Day (and some of my favorite TV moth...
- Serious journalism? The Washington Post puts a 19...
- Same sex marriage: Pres BO put "money" over princi...
- Why are unaccompanied children showing up at the U...
- "Same sex marriage" puts Pres BO at odds with fell...
- Happy birthday to my mother
- The story of Sara Marta Fonseca-Quevedo
- Pres BO finally makes up his mind on same sex marr...
- Josh Hamilton on his way to another superb season
- How did Pres BO turn the killing of OBL into anoth...
- A well formed young woman brings a new meaning to ...
- The election is 6 months away and Hispanic registr...
- 5 years of doing the radio show
- Greece and France shake up the European landscape
- Dear Luisita: Why are your carrying the water for ...
- Today's jobs report will send more Mexicans back t...
- The potholes on "La Carreterra Central" and other ...
- What if they had an election and Hispanics voted f...
- Why hasn't Pres BO said anything about Pres Cristi...
- Dear Pres BO: Who is going to tell Hispanic "abuel...
- It's early but the Rangers have a very nice lead o...
- Another "5 de Mayo" and time for another Obama spe...
- Our shrinking president does not understand leader...
- They told me that the world would be disappointed ...
- The Bee Gees and First of May
- April (58)
- March (54)
- February (53)
- January (64)
- December (66)
- November (47)
- October (64)
- September (75)
- August (70)
- July (83)
- June (83)
- May (85)
- April (74)
- March (73)
- February (63)
- January (74)
- December (82)
- November (70)
- October (67)
- September (58)
- August (72)
- July (92)
- June (76)
- May (69)
- April (67)
- March (61)
- February (56)
- January (99)
- December (120)
- November (89)
- October (97)
- September (109)
- August (115)
- July (115)
- June (121)
- May (121)
- April (112)
- March (127)
- February (107)
- January (131)
- December (116)
- November (98)
- October (107)
- September (90)
- August (104)
- July (137)
- June (131)
- May (129)
- April (96)
- March (84)
- February (95)
- January (85)
- December (103)
- November (108)
- October (94)
- September (85)
- August (70)
- July (90)
- June (84)
- May (101)
- April (111)
- March (109)
- February (98)
- January (105)
- December (120)
- November (109)
- October (142)
- September (120)
- August (109)
- July (78)
- June (63)
- May (45)
- April (40)
- March (72)
- February (81)
- January (66)
- December (82)
- November (46)
- October (33)
- September (39)
- August (42)
- July (32)
- June (30)
- May (28)
- April (9)
- March (24)
- February (18)
- January (17)