Friday, September 02, 2016

Happy # 77 Jimmy Clanton of "Venus in blue jeans", super oldie


For as long as I can remember, I've been a huge fan of pop music history and trivia.  

Last week, I checked the top 100 of 1962 and found some absolutely wonderful songs that get better with age.  (By the way, I should tell you that I'm one of those strange people who likes to check "old radio play lists")

To be honest, I was not listening to the radio back in 1962.  However, I picked up all of these songs in the 1970's when there was a revival of this music with "American Graffiti" & the "Happy Days" TV show.   Thank you Fonzi, Richie & Mrs C!


I got hooked and have enjoyed these tunes ever since.

This is "Venus in blue jeans" by Jimmy Clanton, one of my favorites from that period.   It was an international hit and made the top 100 of 1962.

Jimmy Clinton was from Baton Rouge, Louisiana.  He had a few hits but "Venus in blue jeans" was his biggest!  And it was a great song:

 

"She's Venus in blue jeans Mona Lisa with a pony-tailShe's a walking, talking work of art She's the girl who stole my heartMy Venus in blue jeans Is the Cinderella I adoreShe's my very special angel too A fairy tale come trueThey say there's seven wonders in the worldBut what they say is out of dateThere's more than seven wonders in the worldI just met number eightMy Venus in blue jeans Is everything I hoped she beA teenage goddess from above And she belongs to meMy Venus in blue jeans Is everything I hoped she beA teenage goddess from above And she belongs to me."

Tags: 1962 hit songs, Venus in blue jeans,   To share or post to your site, click on "Post Link". Please mention / link to the My View by Silvio Canto, Jr. Thanks!

PLEASE SUPPORT OUR BLOG AND RADIO SHOW

FOLLOW MY BLOG

LISTEN TO OUR RECENT SHOWS

Check Out Politics Podcasts at Blog Talk Radio with Silvio Canto Jr on BlogTalkRadio

Follow by Email

MY TWITTER

FACEBOOK

Search This Blog