Friday, October 21, 2011

Qaddafi is dead and that's a good thing


We won't cry any tears for Qaddafi here.  In other words, he got what he deserved!

Back in March, I wrote that we should have taken out Qaddafi when he was cornered by rebel forces.    I posted that we should send special forces, get Qaddafi and bring him to GITMO for trial.

I supported using US air power, or exactly what Sen McCain said. 

We didn't use US air power.  Pres BO did not even go to Congress or speak to the nation about the mission or its objectives.  He did it all under a UN resolution and that doesn't cut it with me.

Yes, I'm glad that Qaddafi is dead and gone.  However, we should go to Congress when we commit our military for an extended period or in a country as complicated as Libya.

Pres BO got Qaddafi.  However, he missed an opportunity to "engage" the US public and won't get any "bounce" out of the operation.  

A few days ago, Rasmussen posted a new poll:
32% Support Obama’s Decision To Take Military Action in Libya

PS: You can listen to my show (Canto Talk) and follow me on Twitter.


Tags: Qaddafi is dead and that's good news  To share or post to your site, click on "Post Link". Please mention / link to the My View by Silvio Canto, Jr. Thanks!

Search This Blog