Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Did you know that the late Paul Leka wrote "Na Na Na?

Like so many of you, I've heard "Na Na Na Kiss him goodbye" a million times. 

You hear that song on the radio or at the stadium when the visiting team makes a pitching change.  I've read that using this song at sporting events started with the White Sox organist in the late 1970s!

You hear it at local and national games.  It's part of the modern sports soundtrack!

"Na Na Na' was written by Paul Leka and released by a group called Steam in 1969.

I read today that Paul Leka died from cancer.   I didn't know that he had written so many songs or been involved with so many artists, such as "Green tambourine" by The Lemon Pipers, REO Speedwagon and Harry Chapin.  

Did you know that?  I didn't but I certainly recognize those songs!


P.S.  You can listen to my show.  If you like our posts, please look for ”Donate” on the right column of the blog page.

Search This Blog