Thursday, June 23, 2011
Disillusionment: Pres BO, and the left that was once madly in love with him!
In politics, as in life, it's always a good idea to be skeptical of the guy who tells you what you want to hear.
Welcome to the new reality of US politics. Guess who is massively disenchanted with Pres BO?
Back in 2007, when everyone expected that Sen Clinton would be nominated in 2008, the American left lined up behind Sen BO.
They did it because Sen BO told them what they wanted to hear about Iraq, GITMO, the Bush anti-terror tactics, global warming, taxes on the rich, unconditional meetings with Castro & Chavez plus a few others.
Sen BO was the answer to a leftist prayer. He was everything that the left had been dreaming about. He was opposed to NAFTA and all of those trade deals that drove 4 million Dems to vote for Mr Nader rather than VP Gore in 2000.
He was a dream in 2008. He is not that anymore today.
A couple of days ago, former VP Gore fired his first shot at Pres BO over climate change or global warming:
"Al Gore has gone public with his complaints about President Barack Obama’s environmental record and leadership on climate change — legitimizing a groundswell of grumbling from the left and throwing open the door for more of the same." (POLITICO)
We heard lots of "boos" for White House Communications Director Dan Pfeiffer at the Netroots Nation conference in Minneapolis.
Pfeiffer started blaming Republicans for everything under the sun including the Miami Heat losing to Dallas. However, the "netrooters" were in no mood for "whining" given that Pres BO had huge majorities for 2 years and didn't follow up on all of the promises.
It looks like the left is disllusioned and wondering about happened to the man that they fell madly in love with.
Tags: Obama and the left heading for divorce To share or post to your site, click on "Post Link". Please mention / link to the My View by Silvio Canto, Jr. Thanks!
Posted by Silvio Canto, Jr. Post Link ---> 12:01 AM
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR BLOG
- December (20)
- November (87)
- October (108)
- September (87)
- August (79)
- July (62)
- June (70)
- May (71)
- April (60)
- March (43)
- February (46)
- January (55)
- December (40)
- November (35)
- October (47)
- September (35)
- August (33)
- July (43)
- June (53)
- May (58)
- April (58)
- March (54)
- February (53)
- January (64)
- December (66)
- November (47)
- October (64)
- September (75)
- August (70)
- July (83)
- A chat about the happenings in The Texas Legislatu...
- Yes, Pres BO has a little too much "Peron" in him ...
- A good day for The Dallas Stars and those Stanley ...
- Let's compare Texas and California
- Wednesday: Politics and polls!
- Let's chat with Diane Costa, candidate for the US ...
- Just a question: Did anyone in the Obama circle k...
- Yes, Gov Perry has a good chance of becoming Pres ...
- "Obama-mania" is fading fast over here!
- Mexico's fans were obnoxious in the US-Mexico game...
- Whatever happened to The Pozo-Seco Singers?
- Remember when we had a president who went to Congr...
- Friday's thoughts!
- What's all the talk about baseball realignment?
- Pres BO looks more and more vulnerable
- The speech: Pres BO wants to energize his disillus...
- Disillusionment: Pres BO, and the left that was on...
- No "babies" means "No Europe", at least the Europe...
- Wednesday morning thoughts!
- The ATF, guns to Mexico and a few other issues
- "Surfer Girl" is just right for the first day of s...
- How can we sell weapons to cartels without telling...
- Sunday night with Bill Katz of Urgent Agenda
- Gov Perry is the perfect anti-Obama in the year th...
- How is your state doing?
- "No se puede": Pres BO has a "hispano" problem!
- The "hispano left" should stop calling me a "racis...
- Happy birthday to Brian Wilson, one of my very fav...
- Our chat with Rick Johnson about fatherhood!
- Happy Fathers' Day: A good day to remember my fath...
- Our chat with Carlos Eire about growing up Cuban-A...
- Our show with Pablo Kleinman about US-Latin Americ...
- Happy birthday Paul McCartney!
- AG Holder should resign over the "Fast and Furious...
- The "gun scandal" and US-Mexico relations
- Looking for liberals: Where are the marches saying...
- The Mexican government is back in our courts again...
- Day 1 of House hearings and the "guns to Mexico" s...
- Really? "Hope and change" is just another corrupt...
- Dear Gov Perry: Get in!
- Who will resign over our selling guns to Mexican c...
- CONGRATULATIONS: The Texas A&M baseball team moves...
- Romney and Bachman look good!
- Our chat with Carlos Eire about his new book
- Congratulations to Dirk & Dallas Mavericks!
- Why is the Obama administration so disengaged from...
- I'll say it: 50-50 that Pres BO drops out later t...
- Remember when The Beatles released different LPs i...
- A word about the Mavs vs Heat!
- Did you miss our show with Bill Katz of Urgent Age...
- Did you miss our show about the election in Peru &...
- Did you miss our show about The Greater Dallas His...
- Did you miss our show about 2012 and redistrictin...
- I can watch Ingrid Bergman as Sister Benedict a mi...
- Sec Gates is right: NATO can't work if the US is c...
- Jim Northrup was one of my favorite baseball playe...
- "Hope and change": No Jobs!
- Who came up with the idea of selling guns to the c...
- Remember the day that Secretariat was the world's ...
- First Libya and now airstrikes in Yemen?
- Today's Twilight Zone: Wiener to talk to Clinton a...
- Our Wednesday chat with Bill Katz of Urgent Agenda...
- Wiener like Clinton: Dem feminists will always "st...
- Romney 49, BO 47: What does it mean?
- Dear Pres-elect Humala: Don't kill Peru's economy ...
- "Dominoez" - The Coming Collapse of America
- Check out our redistricting chat with Tom Washingt...
- Why are still waiting for the Colombia Free Trade ...
- A word about D-Day 1944
- Why aren't employers hiring? Uncertainty about th...
- Peru....what's next?
- Did you miss any of our shows last week? Listen n...
- Remembering Paul Williams, great songwriter
- The election in Spain and what it means for the Sp...
- The Congress is right! Pres BO can not start inde...
- 9.1% unemployment: A very bad week for "hope and c...
- Immigration reform that makes sense not panders to...
- We need an expanded version of The Merida Plan to ...
- The Dems don't have a plan so they just lie about ...
- Pres BO can't do another "hope and change" speech ...
- Weak GOP field? Pres BO is the weakest candidate ...
- A Mexican young woman teaches everyone about brave...
- Hispanics and 2012!
- May (85)
- April (74)
- March (73)
- February (63)
- January (74)
- December (82)
- November (70)
- October (67)
- September (58)
- August (72)
- July (92)
- June (76)
- May (69)
- April (67)
- March (61)
- February (56)
- January (99)
- December (120)
- November (89)
- October (97)
- September (109)
- August (115)
- July (115)
- June (121)
- May (121)
- April (112)
- March (127)
- February (107)
- January (131)
- December (116)
- November (98)
- October (107)
- September (90)
- August (104)
- July (137)
- June (131)
- May (129)
- April (96)
- March (84)
- February (95)
- January (85)
- December (103)
- November (108)
- October (94)
- September (85)
- August (70)
- July (90)
- June (84)
- May (101)
- April (111)
- March (109)
- February (98)
- January (105)
- December (120)
- November (109)
- October (142)
- September (120)
- August (109)
- July (78)
- June (63)
- May (45)
- April (40)
- March (72)
- February (81)
- January (66)
- December (82)
- November (46)
- October (33)
- September (39)
- August (42)
- July (32)
- June (30)
- May (28)
- April (9)
- March (24)
- February (18)
- January (17)