Friday, February 11, 2011
Our "oops" foreign policy!
As I posted before, we've avoided taking "cheap shots" at Pres BO over Egypt.
In other words, we want Pres BO and the US to win in this crisis.
I did not vote for Pres BO but I want him to look strong and defend US interests in the region.
We need stability in Egypt because of Israel and the flow of oil.
We also need to convince all of those regimes in the region that the US will not "cut and run" and throw them under the bus!
Unfortunately, we are not winning and Pres BO is looking rather bad.
Yesterday, we witnessed a rather bizarre day.
First, CIA Director Panetta goes to Congress and confirms the "media reports" that Pres Mubarak is leaving.
Second, Director of National Intelligence James Clapper makes a rather silly remark about the Muslim Brotherhood.
I guess that The Muslim Brotherhood is an Egyptian version of the YMCA!
Third, we hear that Saudi Arabia called Pres BO and told him to stop pushing Pres Mubarak around.
Fourth, Pres BO gives a speech about "watching history" in Egypt, i.e. a reference to Pres Mubarak stepping down.
Fifth, Pres Mubarak spoils the party and does not step down.
How did our government get so "thumped" by events in Egypt? Will the Obama White House get its act together?
Of course, let's not forget all of the conflicting statements from VP Biden, Sec Clinton and the envoy to Egypt who said that Pres Mubarak should stay to ensure stability.
Could this mess have been avoided?
Pres BO made a huge mistake by assuming that he could give a "speech" and drive Pres Mubarak into retirement.
Sadly, this is the worst of all outcomes for the US.
Pres Mubarak is staying and the military is behind him......and the "street" in Cairo is disappointed with Pres BO & the US.....and the Obama administration has failed to stand with another ally.
Moral of the story: It was a lot easier being a community organizer.....wasn't it?
Tags: Pres BO made a big mistake by publicly calling on Pres Mubarak to leave Egypt! To share or post to your site, click on "Post Link". Please mention / link to the My View by Silvio Canto, Jr. Thanks!
Posted by Silvio Canto, Jr. Post Link ---> 6:47 AM
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR BLOG
- December (55)
- November (87)
- October (108)
- September (87)
- August (79)
- July (62)
- June (70)
- May (71)
- April (60)
- March (43)
- February (46)
- January (55)
- December (40)
- November (35)
- October (47)
- September (35)
- August (33)
- July (43)
- June (53)
- May (58)
- April (58)
- March (54)
- February (53)
- January (64)
- December (66)
- November (47)
- October (64)
- September (75)
- August (70)
- July (83)
- June (83)
- May (85)
- April (74)
- March (73)
- A word about Duke Snyder
- Growing up Cuban in the US
- George Harrison would have been 68 this month!
- Our chat with Agustin Blazquez about Che Guerara!
- Are the public sector unions the latest "yes we ca...
- Pres BO needs to tell Hugo Chavez that we will not...
- Dear Pres Calderon: Why don't you close your borde...
- Our Friday chat with David Tyson of Sandler Traini...
- It's time to end public sector unions!
- Pres BO should send special forces to capture Ghad...
- A comment about Wisconsin!
- Pathetic: Will Pres BO ever say something about th...
- Some presidential leadership lessons for Pres BO!
- We need to investigate those 'fake medical notes" ...
- Wisconsin like Arizona: Pres BO's approval is drop...
- Guess who went to the Valentine's Day dance?
- Hey Mom! Your kid's teacher is calling in sick an...
- What were you listening to "a February many years...
- Our weekly chat with David Tyson of Sandler Traini...
- The public sector unions are in for a rude awakeni...
- This is about economic reality in Wisconsin!
- The US-Mexico border is more porous than ever!
- Are the cartels trying to send a message to the ne...
- A press conference right out of The Twilight Zone
- Pres BO threw "fiscal responsibility" under the bu...
- President BO votes present again
- We stand with the people of Iran!
- Happy Valentine's Day everywhere except IRAN!
- Our $1.6 trillion deficit! (Didn't candidate BO r...
- The women of Iraq had a profound impact on the Mid...
- Dear Pres Calderon: You need to check your sources...
- Sunday night show: Hispanics and The Heritage Foun...
- Happy Valentine's Day
- Remembering Pres Lincoln today
- The Dallas Stars are for real!
- Michael Young and the Rangers need to make up and ...
- Let's hope for the best in Egypt!
- More sales training ideas from David Tyson
- Our "oops" foreign policy!
- 2012 is looking really good for the GOP & US Senat...
- Am I the only person in the country who thinks tha...
- Will the irrational European left call for Pres BO...
- The National Anthem is not a pop tune for pop star...
- "Yes we can" hangover: Voters want BO-Care repeal...
- Dear Pres BO: The US-Mexico border is a national s...
- Trading Michael Young makes no sense for the Range...
- Great game, good commercials but you can keep the ...
- Did the Dems just realize that BO-Care included a ...
- 1967: What was the # 1 song in the country during ...
- The Packers will win a pretty good game!
- We remember Pres Reagan's birthday!
- Egypt erupts and Pres BO drops in the polls! (Who...
- Can the states afford BO-Care? NO WE CAN"T!
- Another very weird "jobs" report
- Be careful about pulling the plug on Mubarak witho...
- It's early but Romney is my choice for 2012!
- Force Dems to defend BO-Care!
- We need stability in Egypt not meaningless "hope a...
- Hello from freezing Dallas!
- BO-Care waivers: How can we have a health care law...
- BO Care plus arrogance meet the US Constitution!
- Be careful about endorsing the "crowd" in Egypt!
- BO-Care loses another court battle!
- January (74)
- December (82)
- November (70)
- October (67)
- September (58)
- August (72)
- July (92)
- June (76)
- May (69)
- April (67)
- March (61)
- February (56)
- January (99)
- December (120)
- November (89)
- October (97)
- September (109)
- August (115)
- July (115)
- June (121)
- May (121)
- April (112)
- March (127)
- February (107)
- January (131)
- December (116)
- November (98)
- October (107)
- September (90)
- August (104)
- July (137)
- June (131)
- May (129)
- April (96)
- March (84)
- February (95)
- January (85)
- December (103)
- November (108)
- October (94)
- September (85)
- August (70)
- July (90)
- June (84)
- May (101)
- April (111)
- March (109)
- February (98)
- January (105)
- December (120)
- November (109)
- October (142)
- September (120)
- August (109)
- July (78)
- June (63)
- May (45)
- April (40)
- March (72)
- February (81)
- January (66)
- December (82)
- November (46)
- October (33)
- September (39)
- August (42)
- July (32)
- June (30)
- May (28)
- April (9)
- March (24)
- February (18)
- January (17)