Thursday, September 30, 2010
Wednesday, September 29, 2010
On the same day, we got this report as well:
"More people are getting their news about the upcoming election from cable television than any other source, and from Fox News more than any other cable channel, according to a POLITICO/George Washington University Battleground Poll released Monday." (PatDollard)
Tuesday, September 28, 2010
We learned a lot this week:
"In an effort to foil a suspected terrorist plot against European targets, the Central Intelligence Agency has ramped up missile strikes against militants in Pakistan's tribal regions, current and former officials told the Wall Street Journal.
The strikes, launched from unmanned drone aircraft, represent a rare use of the CIA's drone campaign to preempt a possible attack on the West." (FoxNews)
We also learned this:
"The Obama administration is developing plans that would require all Internet-based communication services -- such as encrypted BlackBerry e-mail, Facebook, and Skype -- to be capable of complying with federal wiretap orders, according to a report published Monday." (FoxNews)
Again, we are very happy that the Obama administration understands the risks that we face, specially our enemies' intensity to kill us.
Here is my question: Who is going to apologize to Pres Bush? Who is going to say that all of those "Bush is running a police state" accusations were unfair and silly?
Wonder what would have happened in the 2008 campaign if candidate BO had said that he'd planned to retain the Bush anti-terror apparatus?
We spoke with Bill Katz of Urgent Agenda on Monday.
Bill spoke about the 50th anniversary of the 1960 Kennedy-Nixon debates. We analyzed the debates and their impact on modern politics.
We discussed some new polling data, the Woodward book and other current events.
Click for the show:
Monday, September 27, 2010
I gave a commentary recently calling on Republicans to outline a message to Hispanics:
1) Do not apologize for opposing illegal immigration. We should be the party of legal immigration or the rule of law.
2) Do not demonize the people who are here. On the other hand, call on Congress to create a more realistic "guest worker" program.
3) Talk about "the land of opportunity" in contrast to a nation of entitlement or dependency.
4) Call for "school vouchers" so that parents, not the teachers' union, runs our kids education.
5) Stand for life and traditional marriage.
I think that Republicans will make huge advances by addressing education, jobs and social issues.
Sunday, September 26, 2010
They looked great in the 2nd half.
We've been waiting for Roy Williams to make big plays and he did today: 5 catches, 117 yds and 2 TDs! I agree with Collinshaw: Roy to the rescue!
And didn't you love LB Kevin Brooking sacking the Houston QB and forcing the Texas to hit a FG rather than score a TD? (I think that this was the turning point of the game!)
Let's think positive and look forward to the Titans and Vikings, or a couple of games that Dallas should win!
I guess that things look different when you are in power and responsible for defending the nation's security.
We learned this today:
"The White House on Saturday invoked the state secrets privilege to toss a lawsuit brought by civil liberties groups against an assassination plan against terrorists that would also target a U.S. citizen." (TheHill)
Saturday, September 25, 2010
Friday, September 24, 2010
Richard alerted us to some good news for Republicans in the West Virginia and New York Senate races.
We also looked at the governors' races, a largely unreported story in 2010! Could the Republicans sweep the Midwest, including Illinois?
During the interview, Richard brought George Will's new article to our attention:
"Political analyst Charles Cook doesn't hire dummies, and one of his talented associates, David Wasserman, has this theory: Democratic members of Congress who are in peril are disproportionately from districts where Democrats preferred Hillary Clinton over Obama in 2008.
She decisively beat Obama in the 8th District with 63 percent, and in November 2008 her voters were not Obama swooners: They simply hired him to fix the economy."
It sounds like the folks "clinging to their guns and religion" are a bit restless this year!
Click here for our interview with Richard Baehr:
Thursday, September 23, 2010
Wednesday, September 22, 2010
Disappointed Supporters Question Obama
Recession May Be Over, but Joblessness Remains
Neglecting the Base By BOB HERBERT
The first article is about Pres BO's town hall meeting. It ended up being a parade of questions from disillusioned supporters.
The second one questions the wisdom of saying that the recession is over.
The third article is about the black base.
The common denominator is disillusionment!
I ask again: What led so many people to fall for a candidate who had no executive experience or accomplishments at any level of government?
Where did BO ever demonstrate that he could lead or bring people together?
I'm reminded of Professor Ajami's comments from October 2008:
"The morning after the election, the disappointment will begin to settle upon the Obama crowd. Defeat -- by now unthinkable to the devotees -- will bring heartbreak. Victory will steadily deliver the sobering verdict that our troubles won't be solved by a leader's magic."
Tuesday, September 21, 2010
Monday, September 20, 2010
We learned this week that the Castro brothers are no longer in the mood for socialism, communism or whatever other "ism" they practiced in Cuba.
Again, calling all lefties! Where is Michael Moore? Where is Oliver Stone? Where are all of those idiots who've "romanced" Che's image for 40 years?
"By saying what he recently did about the "Cuban model" (he said it to Jeffrey Goldberg of The Atlantic), Castro seems to have become the last person outside the North Korean regime to understand how statism suffocates society."
Wouldn't it be nice if the Dems actually had the guts to hold an "up and down vote" on The Dream Act?
Check out Home Dept CEO Bernie Marcus. He has a wonderful message for those who don't understand how jobs are created.
Sunday, September 19, 2010
Let's hope that 2010 is a lot like 1993!
Where do you start to analyze this loss?
How does an NFL team play so poorly on their home opener?
Bob Sturm has a good analysis of the loss. He makes a lot of good points, specially this one about the mistakes that this club keep making:
"For the offense, it's a theme we are getting used to: a lot of yards and a mistake that sabotages your play."
My wife and I heard it on the radio. We had the Rangers on TV and enjoyed the Aggies' fun finish.
And we got reports from our # 2 son at the game.
It was a lot of fun!
The 3-0 Aggies have a week off and then will start the Big 12 season.
This is a fun team to watch:
You can add another poll to the long line of polls bringing some bad news for Pres BO and the Dems.
The latest FOX News poll has very bad news:
"Wide GOP Lead Among Interested Voters; Obama Job Approval Hits New Low"
The RCP average of major polls has Pres BO at 45%! We remind you that candidate BO got 52% of the popular vote. In other words, he has lost voters, primarily independents!
So what's going on?
First, the economic stimulus plan has not stimulated.
"I'm disappointed that we've only created or retained 55 jobs after receiving $111 million," says Wendy Greuel, the city's controller, while releasing an audit report."
55 jobs for $ 111 million? Are these the same people that want the federal government to run health care?
Second, the health care proposal was not explained properly and legislated with gimmicks, such as the special treatment for Nebraska.
We also learned today that Conneticut has approved tax hikes to pay for BOCare!
Ed Morrissey is right and not surprised:
"This comes as a great shock to all of those business experts on the Left that kept insisting that additional mandates meant lower costs.
To the rest of us, however, who actually understand risk pools and the difference between price and costs, it’s exactly what we predicted for over a year."
Third, Pres BO should have vetoed any bill that did not have significant Republican support. He should have forced both sides to work together, or fulfull a campaign promise to end the bitter partisanship.
Fourth, and worst of all, Pres BO does not understand how capitalism works.
In fact, Obama "....favors one class of people over another in the pursuit of a public good..." as Matthew Continetti wrote today.
We need change and we need it fast!
Here is some good news:
a) 31 Democrats circulated a letter calling on Speaker Pelosi not to raise taxes.
b) 5 Dems in the US Senate support extending the Bush tax cuts for everyone.
How about a bipartisan effort to stop Obama's tax hikes?
Check out chat with Mario Yngerto:
Saturday, September 18, 2010
How lonely is it getting for Pres BO these days?
A few days, Peter Orszag, the director of the White House Office of Management and Budget from 2009 to 2010, came out for extending the Bush tax cuts:
Friday, September 17, 2010
Murphy is hitting .287 for the season but .391 in September when the club needed him most to fill Hamilton's shoes.
Last night, Murphy hit a 3-run homer and continued helping the Rangers on the road to an AL West title.
My question for 2011: When is Murphy going to play every day? He deserves it!
Thursday, September 16, 2010
Nevertheless, let me repeat that this a good year to oppose Pres BO. She also brings a lot of devoted followers to the table!
Who is now opposing Pres BO? See for yourself: House Democrats Join Republicans in Opposing Obama Tax Plan
Click for Wednesday's thoughts:
Wednesday, September 15, 2010
Tuesday, September 14, 2010
Monday, September 13, 2010
It's not so easy to be president, specially when you have to reverse so many of your stupid campaign promises.
Pres BO has made two speeches this week.
In both instances, he tried to excite his disillusioned base by bashing millionaires and billionaires. (Wonder if he is talking about the Kennedys?)
In Cleveland, Pres BO blamed the "Bush tax cuts" for the financial meltdown, the recession and LeBronne James going to the Miami Heat.
Sunday, September 12, 2010
Not a good time for Sec Clinton and Pres BO to get into a debate about the "Colombia-nization" of Mexico!
Pres BO is not happy either:
"President Obama sought to calm a diplomatic furor, disputing Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton's assertion that Mexico has begun to look like Colombia at the height of its struggle against a drug-financed insurgency.
Again, let's not argue about whether Mexico is or is not Colombia.
LISTEN TO OUR RECENT SHOWS
- ► 2016 (1931)
- ► 2015 (1197)
- ► 2014 (900)
- ► 2013 (838)
- ► 2012 (556)
- ► 2011 (840)
- 2010: Polling data and trends
- Pres BO is down and FOX News is up!
- They told me that if I voted for McCain that we wo...
- Let's talk with Bill Katz of Urgent Agenda
- I would rather play the Yankees!
- The GOP and Hispanics
- Let's talk with Max Glauben
- Cowboys 1-2: Where has "this" Roy Williams been fo...
- Congratulations to Michael Young & Rangers!
- They told me that if I voted for McCain that the a...
- Did we really a study to prove that men like "curv...
- The GOP "pledge" is a good place to start!
- Let's talk about the 2010 elections!
- Some thoughts on this Thursday morning of Septembe...
- Did these people really think that BO would do eve...
- Force the Dems to vote "up and down" on raising ta...
- Calling all lefties! Castro wants Cubans to turn i...
- Wouldn't it be nice if the Dems actually had the g...
- Why are we attacking those who create jobs?
- The 0-2 Cowboys have dug a big hole for themselves...
- The Aggies great comeback!
- Some 2010 thoughts! (a.k.a. Why are so many Dems a...
- Another stupid campaign promise is haunting BO & t...
- Where would the Rangers be without David Murphy?
- Another big night for the tea parties!
- Dear Fidel & Raul: It's time to say "adios"!
- Dear Mr Jones: Who put "what" in the team's water ...
- How about those Rangers?
- Pres Bush cut taxes for people who pay taxes.....
- Yes, the Cowboys will play in the Super Bowl
- Not a good time for Sec Clinton and Pres BO to get...
- They told me that if I voted for McCain that we wo...
- We remember 9-11!
- These Dems don't pass the smell test!
- Guess who wants to extend the Bush tax cuts?
- Pres BO sounds awfully desperate!
- Is this the best time for Pres BO to get into a "h...
- We call him a dog? Has BO read what his supporters...
- Did someone tell Pres BO in Milwaukee that he has ...
- Really? So the new stimulus is supposed to build b...
- Another weekend and more disenchantment in "yes we...
- Happy Labor Day and check out our baseball show
- The "Hillary 2012" video is a combination of fanta...
- We love PM Blair for standing with us in Iraq and ...
- BO at 42%....I guess that more and more of us are ...
- # 2 son is back at Texas A&M!
- A great baseball fight!
- Happy birthday to my brother
- Our tone-deaf president!
- Rain around here.....and a "rain song" I had not h...
- We need a president who can find Mexico in the map...
- Pres BO keeps talking about multinational operatio...
- Pres BO's Iraq speech!
- Happy birthday Barry Gibb
- ▼ September (54)
- ► 2009 (1338)
- ► 2008 (1250)
- ► 2007 (1146)
- ► 2006 (1040)
- ► 2005 (394)