Tuesday, April 13, 2010
Obesity in Mexico? Sra. Calderon should remind Mrs. BO no one is getting killed on the border because they are fat!
Yes, there is a nasty war going on south of the border! Have you seen our front pages lately?
Yes, much of the killing is directly related to cartels fighting other cartels for positioning and better routes.
And yes we are consuming the stuff that sends billions of dollars to Mexico!
So it's nice for Pres BO to send Sec Clinton for a few hours to Mexico.
It's nice for Mrs BO to take her "obesity tour" south of the border! (I'm OK with Mexican mothers telling their kids to play outside rather than eating snacks and watching TV)
It's nice for Pres BO to call Pres Calderon and express our support for the war against the cartels.
However, Pres BO is not in the game. He needs to get more serious about consumption up here.
To be fair, our consumption of illegal drugs did not start recently. It goes back a few decades. It is a tragic consequence of the crazy 60's!
Nevertheless, Pres BO should make it a top priority to tell our young people that illegal drugs are illegal for a reason.
And Pres BO should go after the Hollywood culture that promotes "irresponsible behavior without consequences" in movies and songs.
Of course, this is going to be hard for Pres BO because Hollywood was the biggest supporter of "hope and change".
According to news reports, support for "hope and change" was rather significant in Hollywood:
"An analysis by the Center for Responsive Politics, based on fundraising data released May 21, found Obama had collected more than $4 million from movie, TV and music businesses during the campaign.
Clinton had received $3.4 million.
McCain's take: $636,000.
That's in keeping with prior years. In 2004, Democrats seeking federal offices banked about 70 percent of the donations from those industries." (Huff Post)
In other words, they love BO in the land of "fairy tales" and "make believe"!
Unfortunately, Hollywood is also the land where filth is created and packaged to our young people.
And let's not forget all of those rappers who sing degrading lyrics about women.
I am not blaming Pres BO for Hollywood's filth.
At the same time, he did accept millions in contributions from these people!
My advice to Pres BO is this:
First, tell the "Hollywoodies" that they need to clean up their act.
Second, tell them that you won't accept their contributions unless they show a little more restraint and respect for their audiences.
It is OK for our First Ladies to discuss obesity. However, no one is getting killed on the border because they are fat!
So let's show the world that we have a president with a serious US-Mexico policy.
Let's show both sides that our US-Mexico policy is rooted on reality and not just pandering to the labor unions about Mexican trucks or meaningless "obesity tours"!
- ► 2013 (856)
- ► 2012 (573)
- ► 2011 (857)
- Did I just hear that Iran will be on a women's com...
- A lot of hypocrisy to go around on the reaction to...
- This is about a border out of control!
- BO's border logic: Let's violate NAFTA and close t...
- Have the critics actually read the Arizona bill?
- A VAT or a cut in spending?
- Remember when BO-Care was going to lower costs?
- Monday morning thoughts
- Iran and Latin America
- Phoenix is turning into Juarez....AND....that is w...
- Did I hear that Karen Carpenter would have turned ...
- Dear ladies: The greatest song about a man who lov...
- Too many people were foolish enough to believe wha...
- Don't blame Arizona because Pres BO can not get a ...
- What exactly is Blago up to AND why is he going af...
- Let's talk about Mexico with Patrick Corcoran
- You will see everything in a baseball game!
- The tea parties are rooted on a rejection of the w...
- Remember when it was patriotic to march and call P...
- What happens when BO is more interested in creatin...
- Remember Mr Blow of The NY Times?
- Let's chat with Dan Riehl about the tea parties!
- Iran needs to know that we will attack, with or wi...
- "Hope and change" is now the face of a very unpopu...
- The Rangers forgot to play baseball in New York!
- It's sad but Charles Blow just wants to see skin c...
- BO is making Bush look better every day!
- Iran and other Sunday night thoughts
- Remembering Linda McCartney
- The two Obamas---the popular in DC and unpopular o...
- April, my brother and The Bee Gees many years ago!...
- Where are the anti-war demonstrations now that BO ...
- Who is marching in the tea parties?
- What if there is no 'global warming" after all?
- And now a word about April 15th!
- We are running a US$ 1.4 trillion deficit.....and ...
- Let's talk with Mario about the US debt and VAT!
- Is Illinois about to become the new California or ...
- How much longer can we live in a country where the...
- Obesity in Mexico? Sra. Calderon should remind Mrs...
- Sunday night thoughts on the radio!
- Weird to drive by and see no Texas Stadium!
- Dear Carlos Slim: Please pull the plug on The NY T...
- "Ticket to ride" released 45 years ago!
- Let's talk with Tom Skybosh from Milwaukee!
- Thank you Mike Modano!
- Let's talk with Cassy Fiano!
- A VAT in our future?
- What are we doing?
- Be careful about attacking the tea parties.....you...
- Milwaukee Brewers: 40 years ago and still my favor...
- Opening day and Rangers are in first place!
- "Hope and change" and your tax refund!
- A chat with Israel Ortega of The Heritage Foundati...
- How can the biggest ChiSox fan not know the name o...
- BO needs to work on releasing the ball!
- Dear Dems: Why all of the selective indignation?
- BO 15 months later: It was a lot easier being a ca...
- Baseball 2010
- Happy Easter Sunday for you & family
- Did I hear on the radio that Agnetha Fältskog will...
- Our chat with Prof Bonevac about BO-Care
- Mike Cuellar, 1937-2010
- The amazing story of Iraq continues!
- We remember Good Friday!
- April Fools' Day: US like Argentina?
- Did anyone read this bill?
- ▼ April (67)
- ► 2009 (1364)
- ► 2008 (1272)
- ► 2007 (1158)
- ► 2006 (1045)
- ► 2005 (400)