Wednesday, April 14, 2010
Is Illinois about to become the new California or Michigan?
Not along ago, Chicago and Illinois were a wonderful destination for anyone looking for a job or starting a business.
That was then.....this is now!
The Chicago Tribune has an amazing editorial about their home state:
"Today, though, we are losing employers.
Nearly half a million of our jobs are gone.
We export many of our educated young people to futures out of state."
It goes on to show that Illinois has become another corrupt Dem state at the mercy of public unions:
"We need to lower costs. Our governance infrastructure has become overgrown and overpriced.
We have 7,000 often redundant governments, far more than any other state.
We populate those governments with armies of employees, and give them duties — some essential, some make-work.
Many politicians of both parties enlist these workers as their allies in a cozy paradigm: If you help us win re-election, we will reward you with adequate salaries today — and fabulous retirement benefits tomorrow."
Can we say that Illinois is about to become California or Michigan? Yes we can!
The editorial calls for change we can believe in, such as lower taxes and a more pro-business atmosphere.
Check out Wednesday's thoughts:
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR BLOG
- ► 2012 (573)
- ► 2011 (857)
- Did I just hear that Iran will be on a women's com...
- A lot of hypocrisy to go around on the reaction to...
- This is about a border out of control!
- BO's border logic: Let's violate NAFTA and close t...
- Have the critics actually read the Arizona bill?
- A VAT or a cut in spending?
- Remember when BO-Care was going to lower costs?
- Monday morning thoughts
- Iran and Latin America
- Phoenix is turning into Juarez....AND....that is w...
- Did I hear that Karen Carpenter would have turned ...
- Dear ladies: The greatest song about a man who lov...
- Too many people were foolish enough to believe wha...
- Don't blame Arizona because Pres BO can not get a ...
- What exactly is Blago up to AND why is he going af...
- Let's talk about Mexico with Patrick Corcoran
- You will see everything in a baseball game!
- The tea parties are rooted on a rejection of the w...
- Remember when it was patriotic to march and call P...
- What happens when BO is more interested in creatin...
- Remember Mr Blow of The NY Times?
- Let's chat with Dan Riehl about the tea parties!
- Iran needs to know that we will attack, with or wi...
- "Hope and change" is now the face of a very unpopu...
- The Rangers forgot to play baseball in New York!
- It's sad but Charles Blow just wants to see skin c...
- BO is making Bush look better every day!
- Iran and other Sunday night thoughts
- Remembering Linda McCartney
- The two Obamas---the popular in DC and unpopular o...
- April, my brother and The Bee Gees many years ago!...
- Where are the anti-war demonstrations now that BO ...
- Who is marching in the tea parties?
- What if there is no 'global warming" after all?
- And now a word about April 15th!
- We are running a US$ 1.4 trillion deficit.....and ...
- Let's talk with Mario about the US debt and VAT!
- Is Illinois about to become the new California or ...
- How much longer can we live in a country where the...
- Obesity in Mexico? Sra. Calderon should remind Mrs...
- Sunday night thoughts on the radio!
- Weird to drive by and see no Texas Stadium!
- Dear Carlos Slim: Please pull the plug on The NY T...
- "Ticket to ride" released 45 years ago!
- Let's talk with Tom Skybosh from Milwaukee!
- Thank you Mike Modano!
- Let's talk with Cassy Fiano!
- A VAT in our future?
- What are we doing?
- Be careful about attacking the tea parties.....you...
- Milwaukee Brewers: 40 years ago and still my favor...
- Opening day and Rangers are in first place!
- "Hope and change" and your tax refund!
- A chat with Israel Ortega of The Heritage Foundati...
- How can the biggest ChiSox fan not know the name o...
- BO needs to work on releasing the ball!
- Dear Dems: Why all of the selective indignation?
- BO 15 months later: It was a lot easier being a ca...
- Baseball 2010
- Happy Easter Sunday for you & family
- Did I hear on the radio that Agnetha Fältskog will...
- Our chat with Prof Bonevac about BO-Care
- Mike Cuellar, 1937-2010
- The amazing story of Iraq continues!
- We remember Good Friday!
- April Fools' Day: US like Argentina?
- Did anyone read this bill?
- ▼ April (67)
- ► 2009 (1364)
- ► 2008 (1272)
- ► 2007 (1158)
- ► 2006 (1045)
- ► 2005 (400)