Tuesday, March 16, 2010
Dear Dems: Read Prof. Samuelson before you vote for this bill!
Prof Samuelson has a message for Dems:
"Almost everything you think you know about health care is probably wrong or, at least, half wrong.
Great simplicities and distortions have been peddled in the name of achieving "universal health coverage."" (RS)
He goes to destroy all of those arguments, from the emergency room to the idea that costs will drop.
"A study by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation found that the insured accounted for 83 percent of emergency room visits, reflecting their share of the population......"
Speaking of insurance companies, Professor Samuelson writes this about Pres BO's irresponsible and demagogic attacks:
"He's telling people what they want to hear, not what they need to know. Whatever their sins, insurers are mainly intermediaries; they pass along the costs of the delivery system.
In 2009, the largest 14 insurers had profits of roughly $9 billion; that approached 0.4 percent of total health spending of $2.472 trillion.
This hardly explains high health costs.
What people need to know is that Obama's plan evades health care's major problems and would worsen the budget outlook.
It's a big new spending program when government hasn't paid for the spending programs it already has."
The bad news is that this is an awful bill and not a solution to the problems that we do have.
The good news is that the opposition is intense:
Swing Districts Oppose Health Reform Months After Last HC Vote,
Many Dems in Tougher Reelection Races
Ohio Dem Skips Obama HC Rally
Last, but not least, we learned today that:
"The White House is backing down from efforts to drop "sweetheart" deals poisoning health care legislation as House Budget Committee Democrats meet Monday to craft a "fix-it" bill that does not yet have a price tag." (Fox)
We are discussing a bill that won't reduce costs or will allow some citizens to have special treatment.
This is bad.
Let's hope that there are some Dems with a little more courage than the ones in the US Senate who voted for this bill almost three months ago.
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR BLOG
- December (29)
- November (87)
- October (108)
- September (87)
- August (79)
- July (62)
- June (70)
- May (71)
- April (60)
- March (43)
- February (46)
- January (55)
- December (40)
- November (35)
- October (47)
- September (35)
- August (33)
- July (43)
- June (53)
- May (58)
- April (58)
- March (54)
- February (53)
- January (64)
- December (66)
- November (47)
- October (64)
- September (75)
- August (70)
- July (83)
- June (83)
- May (85)
- April (74)
- March (73)
- February (63)
- January (74)
- December (82)
- November (70)
- October (67)
- September (58)
- August (72)
- July (92)
- June (76)
- May (69)
- April (67)
- Let's talk about BO-Care with Randall Hoven
- They love BO but still NO troops to Afghanistan!
- Why can't Pres BO persuade Americans on health car...
- "Hope and change" has run into problems with our a...
- The Dems are still the best at playing the race ca...
- Did anybody read this bill or consider its consequ...
- The only bipartisanship is opposition to Obama!
- Benefits? It's about the cost and the process!
- Why are all of those companies cutting back their ...
- Was Bob Lind the biggest "one hit wonder" ever?
- Wow! I had not heard this one in years!
- "Let it be" released 40 years ago this month!
- Want a Euro welfare state? Get ready for high taxe...
- Fidel likes BO-Care but Americans don't!
- Let's talk with Tom Washington of the Denton Count...
- Where was the outrage when they were calling Bush ...
- REPEAL is the word!
- Let's talk about Gov Christie of New Jersey
- 3 questions about the bill passed on Sunday night!...
- The process stinks, specially that executive order...
- Yes, we are consuming and funding the drug war on ...
- Let's talk to Bill Katz about US-Israel relations!...
- Stop this bill and support life
- Happy first Sunday of spring and a little "winter ...
- Almost there: Looking for 216 "no" votes!
- Let's talk with John Ackerman about Mexico
- Twilight zone: Pro-abortion Pelosi prays to St Jos...
- Pres BO and the interview with FOX News
- BO to Dems: Save my presidency by voting for a bil...
- Pres BO believes in "free trade" but not free trad...
- Good luck to all of the Texas teams headed to the ...
- Still looking for a Dem who will stop this madness...
- What a mess but the Rangers are correct in suppor...
- BO without the "mania"!
- Let's talk with Chance Oliver and Mario Yngerto.
- Calderon has the right idea but things will be ver...
- Dear Dems: Read Prof. Samuelson before you vote fo...
- Let's talk with Robert Ramirez, candidate for Dent...
- Getting old? Is "Bridge over troubled water" reall...
- A healthy Vlad will be fun to watch!
- Let's talk about Cd Juarez and the border violence...
- Who said that area athletes can't sing?
- Why are employers afraid to hire? It's O-B-A-M-A!...
- Let's talk with Professor Bonevac about young peop...
- The Dem majority still does not have the votes!
- Everything is in place for the Rangers to win in 2...
- Another amazing day for Iraq!
- How many more policy reversals can BO's "yes we ca...
- What's another trillion? Pres BO's projections are...
- Another one from the box of old 45s!
- Where is the focus on jobs?
- Let's chat with Bill Katz of Urgent Agenda
- What exactly was Sec Clinton saying about the Falk...
- Perry's big night!
- Does Pres BO understand that AG Holder has become ...
- Let's talk with Humberto Fontova about Cuba
- The death of Orlando Zapata and President Calderon...
- Can the Dems govern?
- I voted for Gov Perry
- Pres BO & the Dems extended the Patriot Act!
- Dirty little secret: Pres BO doesn't have enough D...
- February (56)
- January (99)
- December (120)
- November (89)
- October (97)
- September (109)
- August (115)
- July (115)
- June (121)
- May (121)
- April (112)
- March (127)
- February (107)
- January (131)
- December (116)
- November (98)
- October (107)
- September (90)
- August (104)
- July (137)
- June (131)
- May (129)
- April (96)
- March (84)
- February (95)
- January (85)
- December (103)
- November (108)
- October (94)
- September (85)
- August (70)
- July (90)
- June (84)
- May (101)
- April (111)
- March (109)
- February (98)
- January (105)
- December (120)
- November (109)
- October (142)
- September (120)
- August (109)
- July (78)
- June (63)
- May (45)
- April (40)
- March (72)
- February (81)
- January (66)
- December (82)
- November (46)
- October (33)
- September (39)
- August (42)
- July (32)
- June (30)
- May (28)
- April (9)
- March (24)
- February (18)
- January (17)