Saturday, February 20, 2010
Alexander Haig was a patriot!
We just learned that Sec. Alexander Haig died. He was 85.
Mr Haig was a soldier, a diplomat and dedicated public servant. He was also a "straight shooter".
He served the country as a soldier in Korea and rose to become a 4-star general.
Later, he was a key player in managing the White House during Pres Nixon's resignation and the transition to Pres Ford.
Unfortunately, Sec Haig will always be associated with the day that Pres Reagan was shot.
Sec Haig said that "I'm in charge here".
He also said that he was in touch with VP Bush and in contact with him. (VP Bush was out of town and on his way back to Washington DC)
Sec Haig did not mean to say that he was the "acting president". However, a lot of people read it that way.
We remember Alexander Haig as a great American!
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR BLOG
- ► 2012 (573)
- ► 2011 (857)
- The Beatles and a February 45 years ago
- Let's talk about Hispanics in Texas!
- The "party of no' had a lot to say and BO had more...
- What's going on in Mexico?
- Sorry but I'm tired of "euro-excuses" for not figh...
- Remembering George Harrison!
- Does Pres BO have enough Dems to pass the latest v...
- CPAC, the economy and the RNHA forum
- Some thoughts about CPAC
- A word about George Washington's birthday!
- Congratulations to Team USA
- Obama has failed (the system is OK)
- The left is learning the perils of blind love!
- Why do only 6% believe in the "stimulus"?
- A musical memory from 1979!
- Alexander Haig was a patriot!
- A chat with Jason Villalba
- A chat with Jack Kelly about national security
- How do you elect Republicans? First, you elect Dem...
- Tuesday's show: A chat with Mario about the econom...
- Bayh out and a few other thoughts!
- # 3 son is joining the US Army today!
- Another bad week for the global warming fanatics!
- Another good day for VP Cheney
- Happy Valentine's Day!
- Saturday morning thoughts!
- The "blame Bush" stuff is getting weaker and weake...
- Another chapter from "The Twilight Zone" presidenc...
- Thursday's show: Let's chat with Clifton about the...
- I guess we should all move to Rio today!
- The voters don't like the "anti-Bush" approach to ...
- Big Labor and the Dems!
- Pres BO's "staff" problem!
- Wednesday's thoughts
- "Blaming Bush" for BO's deficits?
- Tuesday's show and the US economy
- The BO-Cheney debate is over and Cheney won!
- Don't expect Dems to repeal "don't ask don't tell"...
- Saints have great second half to win Super Bowl
- Congratulations to Emmitt Smith, the 12th Cowboy t...
- The Colts will win but.....I like Saints too!
- Did you know that the Brothers Gibb wrote these tu...
- We are still waiting for Cuba to release political...
- We don't need a "jobs bill"! We are already doing ...
- Will AG Holder be joining Rev Wright under the bus...
- Happy birthday to Pres Reagan!
- Let's talk about US-Latin American relations!
- Another global warming scandal? (a.k.a. Phil didn'...
- Why would anyone oppose a Mother Theresa stamp?
- Let's talk with Mario about the US economy!
- We call this a budget?
- Professor Ajami saw this coming!
- Monday morning thoughts!
- Dear Pres BO: Stop talking about Pres Bush's defic...
- Dumb and dumber: The "underwear bomber" and the Ob...
- The KSM trial (a.k.a. BO has another encounter wit...
- ▼ February (56)
- ► 2009 (1364)
- ► 2008 (1272)
- ► 2007 (1158)
- ► 2006 (1045)
- ► 2005 (400)