Friday, January 02, 1970

Jan 2, 1966: Packers beat Browns to win the NFL title

Image result for packers beat brown 1966 NFL images

The 1965 Packers were my introduction to what we called "American football".  

As a youngster growing up in Cuba, I had no contact with the NFL or any kind of football.  As a youngster growing up in Wisconsin, the Packers were the biggest thing going on.

On Jan 2, 1966, the Packers beat the Browns to clinch the NFL title. Back then, nobody took the AFL seriously so the NFL championship was considered the big game in football.  It would stay that way until the Jets beat the Colts in Super Bowl III in January '69.

The game against the Browns introduced me to playing football in snow.  Shortly after the game, my brother, cousin and I were outside rolling on the snow.


And you can read it in my book.

 P.S.  Check out my blog for posts, podcasts and videos. If you like our posts, please look for ”Donate” on the right column of the blog page.







Search This Blog