Friday, January 22, 2010
Dear Pres BO: What did Pres Bush inherit when he became president?
In my last post, I said that "Blame Bush" ended in Massachusetts.
In Virginia, NJ and Massachusetts, the Dem candidate (trailing in the polls) spent the last two weeks connecting the Republican candidates to Pres Bush.
And it did not work!
Bush is living in Dallas TX. He spends his time in our community. He is not on any ballot!
It's over! The public is holding BO accountable for the state of the country.
Nevertheless, it's interesting to remember what the world was like in 2001.
Rick Richman recalls the world that Bush inherited not long ago:
"......memories are short about what George W. Bush faced in his first year:
a recession caused by a burst Internet bubble;
the failure of the seventh largest company in the country (Enron) and one of the Big Five accounting firms (Arthur Andersen);
an attack on New York and Washington, D.C.;
a stock market that crashed and an economy that tottered; the need to mobilize the country for a war in Afghanistan; a failed “peace process” inherited on Inauguration Day (with a new Palestinian war against Israel already in its fifth month); etc.
The difference is that Bush did not spend his first year blaming Bill Clinton for the Internet bubble or the inherited recession, or the ineffective response to the first World Trade Center attack and the multiple attacks thereafter, or the bungled peace process."
Pres Bush reacted to his new job by accepting the responsibilities of the office and meeting the issues head on.
He did not blame Clinton for doing nothing about terrorism for 8 years. Instead, he took the war directly to the terrorists.
It's time for Pres BO to get over it and start governing!
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR BLOG
- ► 2012 (573)
- ► 2011 (857)
- Check out some of our shows in January!
- I have not heard this one in a long time too!
- Have not heard this song in a long time!
- Is anybody listening anymore?
- Who put that line about the Supreme Court in Pres ...
- Thursday's show: Dan Riehl on Pres BO's speech!
- Dismiss AG Holder and call it "the war on terror" ...
- A great show about Cuba
- Much of the same AND his polls will keep dropping!...
- How "long" was that speech last night?
- Bush-43 around Dallas!
- Tuesday's show: National security and the US econ...
- BO looks like the a rookie rattled by major league...
- Those Bush tax cuts for the rich?
- What will he say now that blaming Bush got him now...
- Where were all of these Dems before Massachusetts?...
- Pres BO, the speech and a very skeptical public!
- The banks, BO and the ghost of "crazy populism"!
- Blaming Bush is over: It's all BO now!
- Too much concern for "the rights" of people who wa...
- Our chat with Bill Katz of URGENT AGENDA
- A lot of Massachusetts in the news....
- Another year of abortion......and the impact of ul...
- Nobody is closing GITMO!
- A word about Eric Segal
- How is our friend Amb Hubbard doing?
- Mr Jones correctly retains Coach Phillips!
- Dear Pres BO: What did Pres Bush inherit when he b...
- Year 2 will be worse!
- The Massachusetts election (and the night that BO-...
- We welcome Mario to our show
- It looks like Brown in Massachusetts!
- The message from Massachusetts (no matter who wins...
- France angry about what?
- What's going on in Massachusetts?
- Does Pres BO understand that he is running Haiti n...
- Wanted badly: A Democrat who will save the party f...
- A year later: From "yes we can" fanaticism to "can...
- Dallas collapses in the 4th quarter!
- Did you miss any of these shows?
- Abortion, central planning and not enough girls in...
- "Beatles' 65" was released 45 years ago this month...
- Remembering The Bee Gees' first big hit!
- Saturday morning thoughts
- Massachusetts and health care a big problem for Pr...
- Please check our Chicago Dems and their "ways"!
- Buyer's remorse in the US?
- Let's talk with David Adams of PODER Magazine
- Sen Reid's remarks? Our chat with Clifton
- Let's talk with Bruce Krasting about Social Securi...
- From "walking on water" to drowning!
- Senator Scott Brown of Massachusetts?
- It's official: The stimulus did not stimulate!
- That double standard again!
- Let's talk about Joel's father!
- Let's hope that Vlad can stay healthy!
- Terror will haunt BO!
- What exactly are we trying to say by putting this ...
- Nice job! Cowboys win!
- Did Maureen get the wrong tattoo?
- Reid said what?
- And Obama said "what" about Lott in 2002?
- And Bill Clinton said what "about BO and coffee?"
- One more from the very young Bee Gees
- The nation is freezing and where is Al Gore?
- Our first "weekly summary" show of 2010
- More bad news about jobs......
- How can this woman be responsible for homeland sec...
- Happy birthday Joan Baez
- Let's talk with Xavier Serbia!
- Pres BO needs to explain why "We are at war" but t...
- Really? Elvis would have been 75 today!
- I liked that one about CSPAN!
- A year of BO...and national security is now issue ...
- "Uncertainty created by BO" is still the real prob...
- Congratulations to Randy Johnson
- Let's talk with JC Arenas
- Success in Iraq.....in case you missed it!
- 2009: It was fun to follow the Rangers's young pit...
- Congratulations to the Cowboys
- The anti-Obama state: Why are so many moving to Te...
- Let's chat with Paul Greco about baseball and the ...
- Treat him like a terrorist NOT someone who put on ...
- 2010 predictions
- Cry babies! The White House & Dems go after Rasmus...
- The Bee Gees, memories and a great medley
- Connecting those dots?
- Dear Pres BO: Fire Napolitano and then "get real" ...
- 2010: Lots of Iran for Pres BO!
- We need more "outdoors" NHL hockey games!
- YES! ABBA belongs in the Rock' Roll Hall of Fame
- Happy New Year 2010
- Good news about Rush!
- Our chat with Alfredo Corchado about Mexico
- Radio show 2009: Pres BO and Notre Dame
- Our radio show with Laura Rodriguez
- More radio shows from 2009: Thomas Woods, author
- Our chat with Texas Supreme Court Justice Eva Guzm...
- Some of our favorite radio shows from 2009
- ▼ January (99)
- ► 2009 (1364)
- ► 2008 (1272)
- ► 2007 (1158)
- ► 2006 (1045)
- ► 2005 (400)