Everybody is doing predictions so here are mine:
1) Something called "health care" will pass.
However, it will not include a public option or abortion.
In the end, the Dems will be furious!
Frustrated liberals will ask: What was the point of electing "hope and change" with 60 votes in the US Senate and a House majority?
2) "Cap and trade" is dead because Dems don't want it. By the way, doesn't this remind you of Kyoto back in the 1990's? Pres Clinton couldn't get Dem support for it.
3) GITMO will not close at all. We will continue to hold terrorists indefinitely. We will also keep our rendition jails active overseas, just like Pres Clinton and Pres Bush did.
4) "Don't ask don't tell" will stay on the books. The Defense of Marriage Act will not be repealed or amended to keep a campaign promise to the homosexuals.
5) "Card-check" won't pass and the unions will be furious.
6) FISA, and most of the Bush anti-terror policies, will remain intact.
7) Pres BO will expand the war into Yemen.
It will drive the anti-war wing nuts.
8) Immigration reform won't happen and the Hispanic left will go "loco"! It won't happen because Pres BO won't get support from Dems.
In the end, the very frustrated liberal base will not show up in November.
Why should they? Show up for what?
The Republicans will come very close to picking up the House.
Either way, it means that Nancy Pelosi won't be standing next to VP Biden when Pres BO delivers his 2011 State of the Union.
She is out as Speaker either way!
The Republicans will pick up 3-4 seats in the US Senate.
Sen Reid will not be back! He is one of the 3-4 seats that will turn over in 2010! Colorado and Arkansas are good possibilities.
I think that the big story of 2010, and into 2011, will be a massive civil war in the Dem party.
On one side, the centrists. On the other side, the left wing blogsphere.
It will make Stalingrad look like a Disney movie!
What about Pres BO?
What about the economy?
Good case scenario: It will recover by mid-2010 but unemployment will still be too high by election day.
Bad case scenario: The deficit causes massive problems and we dip into a deeper recession.
I'll vote for the good case scenario, specially once people realize that Pres BO's agenda won't pass!
Overall, it will be a very bad year for those who voted for "hope and change"!
Speaking of 2012, keep an eye on former Utah governor, and now Ambassador to China, Jon Huntsman. He will emerge as a key GOP player in the 2012 primaries.
In sports, Dallas will beat Philadelphia and surprise everyone by getting into the Super Bowl.
The Rangers will win the AL West and a healthy Josh Hamilton will be MVP.
The Stars and Mavericks won't go far in the playoffs.
Texas will beat Alabama for the college football title.
How did I do last year?