Monday, November 30, 2009
We reviewed the bill, its cost and the unintended consequences of having the federal government run 16% of our GDP!
"When we correct for both gimmicks, counting both on- and off-budget costs over the first 10 years of implementation, the total cost of ObamaCare reaches — I’m so sorry about this — $6.25 trillion.That’s not a precise estimate.
It’s just far closer to the truth than President Obama and congressional Democrats want the debate to be." (from Ed in HOTAIR)Listen to the show:
Sunday, November 29, 2009
It's hard to believe but they've been playing this game for over a 100 years or the 19th century! It is one of the best rivalries in North American sports.
No knock on Coach Patterson and the '09 TCU "Frogs" of Ft. Worth! They've had a dream season and should play in a very important bowl game!
We enjoy all of Texas's college and universities. We love to watch the highlights every Saturday night!
I don't know for sure but Coach Brown has a bit to worry about: Longhorns Slip by Aggies, but Maybe Not by Critics
It depends and here is why:
First, this is a rivalry game and the critics will take that into consideration. This is a game that brings out the best on both teams, specially the Aggies who have a lot to look forward to in 2010!
Second, Texas has to play Nebraska for The Big 12 title next week. The Longhorns need to play better, at least their defense has to be tougher!
If Texas clobbers Nebraska, and they should, then I expect the Longhorns to play Alabama or Florida for the BCS title.
Of course, everything could look different next Sunday morning. I guess that's why they play the game on the field!
P.S. My guess is that you will see this one as an ESPN "instant classic" very soon. Also, what's a home game without the Aggie marching band:
"If I needed someone to love
You're the one that I'd be thinking of
If I needed someone
If I had some more time to spend
Then I guess I'd be with you my friend
If I needed someone
Had you come some other day
Then it might not have been like this
But you see now I'm too much in love
Carve your number on my wall
And maybe you will get a call from me
If I needed someone
Ah, ah, ah, ah
If I had some more time to spend
Then I guess I'd be with you my friend
If I needed someone....."
Saturday, November 28, 2009
The 2010 Hall of Fame list of candidates includes some big names:
• Roberto Alomar: great player.....vote yes!
• Harold Baines: a pure DH! He was traded to Texas for Sammy Sosa & Wilson Alvarez in the summer of '89! We remember that! It was one of the worst trades that Texas ever made. I'm not holding that against him but it's hard to put a full time DH in the HOF!
• Bert Blyleven: my vote! YES!
• Andre Dawson: 50-50! It could happen because he came close last year!
• Andres Galarraga: not quite a Hall of Famer or "HOF-er"!
• Barry Larkin: great player but same as Galarraga, not quite a "HOF-er"!
• Edgar Martinez: too much DH! Same as Baines!
• Don Mattingly: good but 2100 hits is not enough! How can you put Don in the HOF and keep Tony Oliva (2,000 hits and a .304 BA) out?
• Fred McGriff: 493 homers is not good enough! Fred was not an impact player!
• Mark McGwire: he blew it before Congress....it's a shame because Mark was a very popular player! This is a terrible tragedy because we loved the summer of 1998! Let's hope that he can be looked at sometime in the future!
• Jack Morris; great pitcher, vote yes! He pitched a 10-inning complete game in game 7 of the '91 World Series! A money pitcher all the way.....good candidate for the HOF! Who else would you want starting a big game? Vote YES!
• Dale Murphy: great player but did not play long enough!
• Dave Parker: He looked like a sure bet in the late 1970's but something happened!
• Tim Raines: great speed!
• Lee Smith: #3 in all time saves.....could make it this year!
• Alan Trammell: superb shortstop and team player!
That's a very impressive list of players!
My vote is for Bert Blyleven:
"287 wins - 25th on the All-Time list
3.31 career Earned Run Average
4,970 innings pitched - 13th on the All-Time list
3,701 strikeouts - 5th on the All-Time list
685 career starts - 8th on the All-Time list
242 Complete games
60 shutouts - 9th on the All-Time list
15 (1-0 wins) - 3rd on the All-Time list"
Frankly, how was Blyleven overlooked year after year? What does a pitcher have to do to get into the HOF?
My guess is that Alomar, Dawson and Smith have a better than 50% chance of making it. However, let's not forget Blyleven again! How can a guy with 287 wins not be in the HOF?
P.S. I am not alone in this crusade for Bert Blyleven:
The Hall of Fame Case for Bert Blyleven By Rich Lederer
The Case for Bert Blyleven: A Late Convert Joins the Flock, by Bob Klapisch
On Tuesday, Pres BO will apparently announce that 30,000 more troops will be headed to Afghanistan.
Yes, Afghanistan will now become Pres BO's war and the liberals are not pleased.
Today, we saw this: Liberals Vow to 'Spank' Obama for Sending More Troops to Afghanistan
We are not clear what they will do but we will know soon!
We also saw this: President vs. party on troop increase
"Top Democrats have made it clear to Obama that he will not receive a friendly reception should he announce what is considered the leading option: sending 30,000 more U.S. troops to Afghanistan.
The legislators have indicated that a request for more money to finance a beefed-up war effort will be met with frustration and, perhaps, a demand to raise taxes."
Tax increase with 10.2% unemployment and a deep recession? No way!
And we saw this: President Obama must sell war to anti-war base
As we posted before, there are no pretty options over Afghanistan!
If Pres BO's new surge works perfectly, it will be a couple of years before we see results.
I support the surge.
We need to trust our commanders, specially after the very successful surge in Iraq.
At the same, Afghanistan is not Iraq!
In fact, Afghanistan is unlike anywhere in the world!
Over the next few months, we will see whether Pres BO's heart is in this mission.....we will also learn whether Pres BO is tough enough to deal with the adversity coming his way!
Friday, November 27, 2009
We do wish her a happy birthday! ("Cheer up sleepy sis")
Thursday, November 26, 2009
Happy Thanksgiving to you and family!
Pres Lincoln signed this proclamation in 1864, the last winter of the US Civil War:
"Now, therefore, I, Abraham Lincoln, President of the United States, do hereby appoint and set apart the last Thursday in November next as a day which I desire to be observed by all my fellow-citizens, wherever they may be then, as a day of thanksgiving and praise to Almighty God, the beneficent Creator and Ruler of the Universe.
And I do further recommend to my fellow-citizens aforesaid, that on that occasion they do reverently humble themselves in the dust, and from thence offer up penitent and fervent prayers and supplications to the great Disposer of events for a return of the inestimable blessings of peace, union, and harmony throughout the land which it has pleased him to assign as a dwelling-place for ourselves and for our posterity throughout all generations."
Of course, Thanksgiving has grown way beyond that proclamation.
Today, we will drive to College Station to spend some time with our sons.
We will participate in a pre-game food party, catch the Cowboys and enjoy the pre-game activities for the annual Texas vs Texas A&M game.
Good luck to the Cowboys.
Good luck to Texas A&M but it will be very hard to beat Texas this year!
More importantly, enjoy this day with your family!
Enjoy our Wednesday night show:
Wednesday, November 25, 2009
Tuesday, November 24, 2009
Monday, November 23, 2009
- ► 2013 (856)
- ► 2012 (573)
- ► 2011 (857)
- ► 2010 (869)
- Good news from Honduras!
- What do we do about Iran now?
- Let's talk with Dr. Roy Stringfellow about the bil...
- The Texas vs Texas A&M game was one of the best co...
- George Harrison died 8 years ago today!
- # 1 son is real good at pre-game food parties!
- Vote YES for Bert Blyleven and let's finally put h...
- Afghanistan puts Pres BO in a "no-win" situation w...
- How much longer can we spend money like this?
- Mr. Jones: Nice score, great team BUT what's with ...
- Davey Jones for my sister's birthday!
- Happy Thanksgiving!
- Please tell me that the Navy Seals story is false....
- Gov Perry is right: Keep the federal government ou...
- If BO was a stock, you'd be selling and selling ve...
- Let's talk with Jason Villalba, Dallas Republican ...
- The China trip was bad all around!
- Dear Pres BO: We urge to listen to the job creator...
- How about a funny Canadian who gets "hope and chan...
- Dear Pres BO: What do we do about Iran now?
- Joe Mauer 2009 AL MVP: A great choice!
- Dear Cowboys: No more "W's" like this!
- China and Pres BO's spending!
- A lot of quiet disillusionment about BO?
- Palin Derangement Syndrome is alive and well in th...
- The KSM trial: You can't explain it to a 9-11 fath...
- Dear Dems: Don't cheer so fast!
- We salute Texas, the true # 1 college football tea...
- My thoughts on the interview with Alfredo Corchado...
- A little early stuff from The Brothers Gibb
- What ever happened to The Critters?
- Had not heard this song for a long time!
- It wasn't a stimulus.....that's why it's not worki...
- Guess why Pres BO can't close GITMO?
- BO's trip was not a profile in courage or much of ...
- How do you explain it to a 9-11 mother? You can't!...
- Let's chat with Monte E. Kuligowski, Esq. about th...
- How is our "narcissist globetrotter" president pla...
- 1863: Lincoln's Gettysburg Address
- Even "the jobs figures" are now a fairy tale!
- My guess is that political junkies will be disappo...
- When will Pres BO throw the "KSM trial in NY City"...
- Let's meet the U-Conn College Republicans!
- Is he instinctively ashamed of the US or is he smo...
- Sorry but Pres BO can't vote present in Afghanista...
- Elvis Andrus for AL Rookie of the year!
- What would the Founding Fathers think of giving ri...
- Turnovers and fumbles in Green Bay!
- Happy # 77 to Petula Clark!
- Will the BBC, and other media types, apologize to ...
- "Oba-Mao" in China BUT losing independents back he...
- Happy birthday to Anni-Frid Lyngstad of ABBA!
- Isn't this a little strange for a president of the...
- Afghanistan is not fun anymore for the Dems!
- Sr. LO is still going....but does anybody care?
- Another very bad idea from "The Twilight Zone" adm...
- How can Pres BO lecture any country on "free trade...
- Nice day for Pres & Laura Bush!
- Friday's show: A chat with TX Supreme Court Justic...
- Be careful about voting for hope and change.....yo...
- Blogging is dangerous in Cuba......just ask Yaoni!...
- Give me the shrimp tacos and you can keep the priz...
- Do we need a note from "Osama to Obama" to confirm...
- A chat with Winnie Biscet about her father, Dr Osc...
- Iraq: Pres Bush was right all along!
- "Loose lips" sink ships AND political correctness ...
- Good morning: Romo to Austin puts Dallas in first...
- No Pres BO in Berlin?
- History? Yes, 39 Dems vote "NO"!
- Paul McCartney: A song from many Novembers ago!
- 10.2% unemployment BUT the Dems are still waiting ...
- A chat with Cliff, blogger
- What happens when "the mania" is gone? You get Tue...
- The "very divided" Dems!
- Looking for a new job?
- Who is watching FOX News? Ask the advertisers!
- The voters say "NO" to same sex marriage again!
- Congratulations to the 2009 Yankees!
- BO-mania is over!
- GOP wins big (a.k.a. Bush bashing is finally over!...
- Everybody is watching Pres BO, specially the bad g...
- Prediction: GOP 2 of 3 (maybe 3 of 3!)
- Texas vs California again!
- The 5-2 Cowboys need to make a statement in Philly...
- Blame Bush 24/7...BUT....but do not reverse his po...
- You can always count on Rich to miss the pitch and...
- Look out! More Californians are moving to Texas!
- Why does this woman drive the Dems crazy?
- The Bee Gees many Novembers ago!
- ▼ November (89)
- ► 2008 (1272)
- ► 2007 (1158)
- ► 2006 (1045)
- ► 2005 (400)